G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flexplate

5 posters

Go down

Flexplate Empty Flexplate

Post by Redsway76 Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Ok i am removing my original 70`s 2piece rear main 305 out of my 76 malibu however i dont think its original but either way its older and tired. well its out i have a Newer 1986 305 i believe is what the casting number said i am installing. However i am lacking the flexplate for the 86 with the one piece rear main seal i am looking to get one to replace it because mine has a larger diameter hole where it bolts to the crank. so i need the newer flexplate but need it to bolt up to a Th350 torque converter and currently have a new starter for the old motor i planned on reusing assuming my tooth count is the same on both flexplates. any assistance in determining the tooth count of my current one would be great
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Flexplate Empty Re: Flexplate

Post by badbiscayne66 Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm

It can only be 153 small or 168 large .....if starter bolts are side by side you need small if bolts are diagonal you need large.....hope that helps
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Tue May 05, 2009 2:22 am

measure your stock flexplate- it wil lbe either 12.75" or 14" across.
if you have the bigger one, get a flexplate for a 90's truck with a 4.3 V6, 305, or 350.
if it's the smaller one, get a flexplate for an 86-97 Camaro.
you also may need different flxplate bolts if you don't already have them- the bolts used in the one piece seal blocks have a smaller 9/16" head. the threads are the same, so you might be able to use the old bolts, but i'm not sure.
other than that minor detail, the new motor is a direct bolt in replacement for your stocker.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm

I have the stocker off my 76 350 4bl if that will help. Will be there tonight and can count/measure if you wish. Replaced with sfi, but mine wasn't in bad shape.
E-mail me if interested: jonathanoneal@gmail.com
I'm not on here much.

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm

i have both available just figure out which you need, ten buxs and its yours

Anthony
Limey SE