G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention Empty dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm storing my 75 Guna in a temp-controlled basement garage while I do the body work.Will spray bomb etching primer be okay to temporarily keep rust away as I work on the body? Is it safe to spray high quality primer over the cheapo etching primer or should I sand it off back to bare metal? Thanks.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention Empty Re: dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention

Post by dynchel Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 pm

That's what I always do & I've never had a problem I have a hood in my garage currently that was covered with the army green duplicolor self etch primer that I covered with some good 2k primer.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention Empty Re: dupli-color spraybomb etching primer for temporary rust prevention

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Thank you.I really like the Dupli-color stuff for convenience and low price,I just want to be sure I leave a good hand-over project to the next owner if and when that happens,I've seen WAAAY too many shop guys bitching about fixing someone elses shoddy work.I don't want to be "That Guy".

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:18 am

I use the self etching primer all the time. It doesn't completely seal the surface though, for a log time. Most primer is somewhat porous.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Yep.Well aware of the "sponge affect". study

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Once its ready for paint be sure to use a good sealer first. That should prevent any problems.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Yep.That's a must-do in my book for sure.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down