G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

close to my new vision

+2
thatfnthing
Joe73
6 posters

Go down

close to my new vision Empty close to my new vision

Post by driveit Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 am

Make a 74, eliminate the chrome and add white stripes.

close to my new vision 5cd4aeb4d6

close to my new vision NEGr9rEpeosbzibi7147_ayGhAvASH945G9zdtrTytMj8O3ZSppdPYJ1FpppwexG0uI0EZOo-HvrCWsUF_Sp25L9s9XePbfMsUwPPkGAtQJ1rbTyhjxIhLakcQ

Should I go with all chrome or chrome with the grey powder coated spokes?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

close to my new vision Empty Re: close to my new vision

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:21 am

Go with the grey powder coat -- I'd love to see someone do one like this:
close to my new vision Chevel10
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:55 am

I've got that as my background on my tablet.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 am

Awesome, isn't it? I like all of his EXCEPT the Monte.Rolling Eyes 
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm

who does those? I have only seen the laguna and the wagon I think.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Don Vierstra of Vierstra Design.  Dude's got mad skills -- makes Chip Foose look like an amateur in the design department.  He does all kinds of stuff, but he has a soft spot for G3's.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Don't know this guy, but I like im!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm

driveit wrote:Make a 74, eliminate the chrome and add white stripes.

close to my new vision 5cd4aeb4d6

close to my new vision NEGr9rEpeosbzibi7147_ayGhAvASH945G9zdtrTytMj8O3ZSppdPYJ1FpppwexG0uI0EZOo-HvrCWsUF_Sp25L9s9XePbfMsUwPPkGAtQJ1rbTyhjxIhLakcQ

Should I go with all chrome or chrome with the grey powder coated spokes?
Personally I like the grey powdercoated spokes.Twisted Evil i notice the car pictured has the marker lights shaved off (filled in)

Last edited by dynchel on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I caught that too. While it looks nice, it wouldn't fly in this state. I thought Vierstra's idea of turning them horizontal was better.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 pm

It actually wont fly in any state. Starting in 1968, all vehicles sold in the US had to have side marker lights. Most of the time you can get by state inspection. Its who can get you on the street thats the problem.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Yes, technically every state. But we all know some states are more, ah, "particular" than others. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Joe73 wrote:It actually wont fly in any state.  Starting in 1968, all vehicles sold in the US had to have side marker lights.  Most of the time you can get by state inspection.  Its who can get you on the street thats the problem.    
I can say pretty certainly that you could get away with that in Ohio.  There is no inspection, and really the only automotive "violations" I've ever heard of anyone getting ticketed for is window tint (we're only allowed 50%Mad ) and no front license plate.  You would see (a few years back) cars with 2/6's for back bumpers, plastic duct taped to replace a broken window (as a permanent repair).  As for custom cars lots of guys have extremely low (or high) ride heights shaved lights and side view mirrors.  Most cops around here are young and would never know that a '74 should have marker lights if he even notices there gone...i'd put my money on him never noticing.  Hell I repainted my license plate (a vintage '74 plate) blue and white so it would match my car.  I have been pulled over with the plate that way (for speeding) and not a word was mentioned about it.Cool
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:01 pm

dynchel wrote:
Joe73 wrote:It actually wont fly in any state.  Starting in 1968, all vehicles sold in the US had to have side marker lights.  Most of the time you can get by state inspection.  Its who can get you on the street thats the problem.    
I can say pretty certainly that you could get away with that in Ohio.  There is no inspection, and really the only automotive "violations" I've ever heard of anyone getting ticketed for is window tint (we're only allowed 50%Mad ) and no front license plate.  You would see (a few years back) cars with 2/6's for back bumpers, plastic duct taped to replace a broken window (as a permanent repair).  As for custom cars lots of guys have extremely low (or high) ride heights shaved lights and side view mirrors.  Most cops around here are young and would never know that a '74 should have marker lights if he even notices there gone...i'd put my money on him never noticing.  Hell I repainted my license plate (a vintage '74 plate) blue and white so it would match my car.  I have been pulled over with the plate that way (for speeding) and not a word was mentioned about it.Cool
You speeding? Nah, don't believe it. Around here, they look for liscense plate lights and tail and headlights and probably marker lights and other things like cracked windshields just so they will have reason to pull a suspicious car over to check for alcohol and drugs. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by sick73chevelle Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am

Dynchel is right about Ohio. When I was a teen, if you got pulled over and the cop didn't like the way you looked or if you got an attitude with him they would usually safety check your ride right there. If it didn't pass (which most would not) the hook would come and impound it. The parking lot at my high school looked like a junkyard. No one was driving anything new unless it was a teachers car. There are some real steaming heaps on Ohio byways now and nothing is said because the Libs running most of this state need to keep the ghetto-ans just happy enough to keep voting for them. At the DMV they ask: "Do you have insurance?" Low info voter says yes. "OK sign here." No proof needed. What a joke! Don't get me wrong. I like to see the customs and street rods. Unfortunately it opens up our roads to the forementioned. Do we need an annual inspection program here like PA has? Hell no! I want the govt out of everything but the military. They can barely do that! (CNN Breaking news for last entire week: Pres. Obama has not made a decision yet about what to do in Syria. What a dope!) But it would be nice to see one of them rides in "the hood" with the wheels falling off and no tailights with an expired temp tag on it getting flatbedded once in a while. Oh, sorry to go off on a tangent. Need to go take my Prozac now. Bye.
sick73chevelle
sick73chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:18 am

thatfnthing wrote:Go with the grey powder coat -- I'd love to see someone do one like this:
Wonder what kind of hood he has on this thing? If it is based off of a real hood?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 am

driveit wrote:
thatfnthing wrote:Go with the grey powder coat -- I'd love to see someone do one like this:
Wonder what kind of hood he has on this thing?  If it is based off of a real hood?
it somewhat looks like a L88 scoop (my personal favorite)

Last edited by dynchel on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down