G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squirell Crap!!

+5
pila
77mali
dynchel
ant7377
jerry46765
9 posters

Go down

Squirell Crap!! Empty Squirell Crap!!

Post by Pontichev327 Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Squirell Crap!! <a href=Squirell Crap!! Maro_c10" />                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        This is where he has been staying. In the corner by the block wall...........Squirell Crap!! <a href=Squirell Crap!! Gas_pe10" />                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         My desert squirell is back again. Last time the little critter ate through the negative battery cable on my 69 Camaro. This time I found out he has been camping out in the engine compartment of the Ride of the Week car, my 73 Grand Am!!!( Thank you, by the way! RotW Rules!!) I had to go wash the engine this morning, disgusting!! I have about had it with this guy, but I don't want to hurt a native animal, now what?
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Squirell Crap!! Empty Re: Squirell Crap!!

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Are you hungry? Some people like squirrel. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Get a Victor (large) trap & bait it with peanut butter under the car. F__K that dirty little bugger. That's his restroom dude, he's sleeping somewhere else in the car.

I had one in my workshop...HAD.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Here is my smoking squirrel story.

About 3 years ago in May after church, my kid was telling me that the air conditioning hasn’t worked since the ‘smoking’ squirrel ran from under the hood of Mom’s car at school….

Smoking squirrel I ask, what was this?

Well, as it goes, we live in the woods. My wife parked outside since it's a hassle to run the door up/down to put the car inside, whatever. Anyway, somehow a squirrel gets under the hood of the car. It stays under there for the pick-up of two other kids, and then the 10 mile drive to school. Once they stop in front of school to let the kiddies out, the squirrel makes a break for it, smoldering across the grassy front of school and up a tree. The kids tried to 'help it' during recess, and they discussed how to 'save it’ in class, but they never see it again.

To make a long story, even longer, by the time I looked at the squirrel damage it was 9pm. The engine still 190 degrees after it had a chance to cool down for six or seven hours. It must been hot as hell.

All the under hood wiring had been chewed on in the squirrel's attempt to stop the car. The fuses for engine fans were blown, along with cruise control, and a/c compressor. The MAF sensor wiring was gone, and it even tried to chew on the battery cables. It was amazing that it still ran at all, and that no one thought to mention any of the problems. There were a few nights spent splicing/replacing wires but even from getting extremely hot for multiple days in a row, it ran well without issues after. My wife parks inside now, and we've only had one incident where the garage door trim tried to attack the front fender.

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 pm

@ Jerry...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Try using Dcon,the stuff they eat then go look for water and die or shoot em with a bb gun. I really like your car, I may have to someday try and buy it from you.
On another note,Paul,is that you in the avatar or captain from The Captain and Tonelle. You know they sang "Dont go breakin my heart" .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 am

Jerry, my gal and I cracked up for 10 minutes on that story!! By the way, I am an old Kentucky redneck, Mali and JB, and I have eaten my share of squirrell in my day. But this is a "Desert Squirrell" and I don't think you are supposed to kill 'em. I may try the Hav-a Hart traps and put it out in the desert away from my house if I catch it. And hey Ant,...never say never!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:45 am

Squirell Crap!! <a href=Squirell Crap!! -toms_10" /> see, I told ya!!Razz
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 am

On another note,Paul,is that you in the avatar or captain from The Captain and Tonelle. You know they sang "Dont go breakin my heart" .[/quote].......Lol, that's john Bonham.  Captain & tonelle lol!
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:19 am

Ant doesn't know who Bonham is (he listens to Cap'n & Tennille) "Looks like muskrat love".
Suspect Here you go buddy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

BTW wasn't "Don't go breakin' my hart" Elton John & Kikki Dee?  Now that's 70's baby...afro
Barf Gay
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 am

You are right! It was late and I had a few glasses of wine with dinner! It was Elton John! Im more of an 80's rock guy myself. Im not a big fan of Led Zep ether,sorry. I actually though it was Paul!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:42 am

I'll take the "looks like Bonzo" as a compliment...but not Cap'n....LOL
Drinking Party 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:47 am

Ok Cap!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 am

I've never heard of captain and tonelle  nor have I ever heard that lame "muskrat love" song until now.donotcare   I think I'll go crank up some black Sabbath.<?>
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:50 pm

They were total disco era crap...worse than squirrel crap in fact...Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

It's all a matter of taste.....right now I'm listening to some zither music, tunes from the 50s and other old standards.
And we have a local radio station that plays soft rock with very few commercials, so that's on the radio in my work truck.Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 pm

I feel lucky,I had a rat or two using the '73 for a port-a-let.I have to replace the carpet now because there is a small section removed by little teeth.By the way,anybody get the hot blondes phone number? You DID notice her in the background near the left front fender didnt you?

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 pm

She's in the ROTW photo..Giggety!

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am

I have impeccable timing when it comes to car show photos....he,he!Twisted Evil 
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm

pila wrote:It's all a matter of taste.....right now I'm listening to some zither music, tunes from the 50s and other old standards.
I'll see your old standards and raise you Suspense, Escape, Dimension X, and Yours Truly Johnny Dollar.Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:51 pm

thatfnthing wrote:
pila wrote:It's all a matter of taste.....right now I'm listening to some zither music, tunes from the 50s and other old standards.
I'll see your old standards and raise you Suspense, Escape, Dimension X, and Yours Truly Johnny Dollar.Smile
All available on the Web. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down