G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue door jamb sticker

4 posters

Go down

Blue door jamb sticker Empty Blue door jamb sticker

Post by Joe73 Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Hi. My blue door jamb sticker is long gone. I did peel it when I first painted my car in the 80s but I havent seen it in decades. Anyway, Im thinking of ordering another one.

Im looking for some info regarding the typed info on the top. Starting in 73, the typed info states GVWR ____ Ft GAWR ____ RR GAWR____.

I dont know what states actually list the vehicle weight on their title (NY does). Id like to know what are some "titled" weights along with their respective GVWR on the blue door sticker. And also if the vehicle is a 5 or 6 passenger car since that would effect the GVWR. I figure if I get a few examples I could do some math and figure out a close ballpark of what mine should be.

GVWR comes from what the manufacturer states is the vehicles max weight fully loaded with all persons and a full tank of fuel. I already know how the front and rear GAWR is calculated.

Im trying to determine what my GVWR should be (as close as I can get).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Blue door jamb sticker Empty Re: Blue door jamb sticker

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:51 pm

I thought you indicated your title car weight in the Car Weight thread. GM Heritage also has some info. The GM manuals are less reliable IMO since the weight changes for my car in different year manuals.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jpowen49 Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 am

Blue door jamb sticker Thumbn76
this is mine ( 1976 Laguna S3 )
jpowen49
jpowen49
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:49 am

76Chevelle2Tone, yes, my car weighs 3662. I have the GM manuals with base weights, etc. But each car will be different dependent on options. If I remember correctly a base, 2 door, 73 chevelle with 6 cylinder manual trans is 3540 lbs. No GVWR info would be available.

jpowen49, does your title state what your car weighs? Just looking to see what the difference is between actual weight and GVWR. I assume your laguna is 5 passenger with a/c ?
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jpowen49 Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:03 am

Blue door jamb sticker Weight10
there is no weight on the title. Found the same weights on the build sheet near the bottom (GVWR 5348) 76 LAGUNA 350ci 5 pass, w/ac.
jpowen49
jpowen49
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:08 am

Joe the GM Heritage site has weights for the cars plus most of the options. They do split up the info in 2 different sections towards the bottom of the long pdf file. One page relates to optional accessories the other to standard options like power windows engine size etc.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:32 am

jpowen49, thanks for posting that. Yes I see the gvwr on the build sheet. That number matches the sticker weights. I have to take a look at my build sheet.

76chevelle2tone, thanks for that info. Ive spent hours on the gmheritage site, I dont recall seeing that but I'll take a look again.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jpowen49 Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:47 am

Just read an article in Hemmings. It states that the 76 Laguna  weighs 3,978 lbs. depending on options. Also said that it is heavier than previous models.I know that`s not what your looking for but hope it helps.
jpowen49
jpowen49
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:54 pm

The build sheet for my Monte Carlo has the GVWR total, front, and rear…
Blue door jamb sticker Screen14
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:02 pm

Joe73 wrote:jpowen49, thanks for posting that.  Yes I see the gvwr on the build sheet.  That number matches the sticker weights.  I have to take a look at my build sheet.

76chevelle2tone, thanks for that info.  Ive spent hours on the gmheritage site, I dont recall seeing that but I'll take a look again.

Joe
It's down towards the bottom of the long page of the model year link,. Again there are two different pages: one for accessories weight and the lower one for standard options weights.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Joe73 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:31 pm

zucchi, does your title state what the actual weight of your car is? That way I can subtract the actual weight from the GVWR and see how much the manufacturer alots for passengers and fuel. Thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:22 pm

Joe73 wrote:zucchi, does your title state what the actual weight of your car is?
There's a space for it on the registration but it's blank. Here in Komiefornia, weights are recorded for commercial vehicles and weight fees are collected based on that. By the way, regular pickup trucks are considered commercial vehicles here.

Nearly 40 years ago, we did an experiment in physics class to determine the drag coefficient on our cars. I had three (3) passengers with me and weighed my car at a local truck scale. I don't know where the notes are to double check but I seem to recall it weighed around 4,250 lbs. For what it's worth, I had lightened the front end a bit by removing the AC compressor with hoses, AIR equipment, and swapped the iron intake for aluminum. You could see about taking your car to a truck scale or the local dump where they have a scale and get the actual weight yourself.

By the way, my blue tag looks different than yours:

Blue door jamb sticker 20230810
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:39 pm

Thats what my blue tag looks like.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:44 pm

Joe73 wrote:Thats what my blue tag looks like.

Sorry, I was comparing it to jpowen49's above.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Joe73 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down