G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today

+5
Mcarlo77
Pontichev327
pila
1973montec
454fourspeedss
9 posters

Go down

VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today Empty VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm sure most of you have heard something about this auction taking place in Nebraska this weekend. You can follow auction results on the VanDerBrink website. Anyway, it's gotten huge exposure on the web and with that comes the stupid money. For instance...I just spotted a 3' lg wooden ruler with the Lambrecht Chevrolet name printed on it that sold for $600! REALLY?!! Would love to see the look on the wife's face when the guy gets home and tries to explain why he just spent $600 on a wooden ruler! Another fine example was a new car key with the Chevrolet logo on it that sold for $100! WTF?!

I knew the majority of their cars had sat out in the family farm fields for decades, but assumed they were all used. Not so...as apparently there are a number of "new" 50's/60's pickups that have never been titled and less than 30 miles that are rusty, interiors shot and wooden beds rotted that are up for sale. I mean...who would park brand new trucks/cars outside in a field to be left to the elements? Glad I didn't waste my time taking a trip down there to watch the action.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today Empty Re: VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today

Post by 454fourspeedss Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:24 pm

some early sales 58 cameo pick up 140,000 78 indy vette 80,000 58 apache pick up 80,000 62 door impala 97,500

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today Empty Re: VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today

Post by 77mali Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:11 pm

My wife would kick my a$$ for spending $600 on a ruler, unless it was a handsome Prince for her. Laughing

Seriously though, someone will pay big bucks for one of those "New" cars on MSO after they're restored I guess.  How often can you do that these days?  The little things will be about owning a piece of Chevy & the dealers history.  This stuff has been under lock & key so long I suppose for some that it's a bit of mystique or nostalgia.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11 pm

A friend of Chris' bought the Cameo. Its suposed to be delivered Sun morning.
I know its gonna be cool when done.
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:51 am

Cars sitting outside in weeds, can't be in very good condition on the underbodies....

And for 600 bucks I can buy one of those hammers that was sold to the military !!.....or maybe one of those toilet seats they bought for big bucks !!Very Happy 
Defense contractors really know how to do business !Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:03 am

I saw that the History Channel had coverage of this event- Tanner Faust & Rutledge Wood were there in the middle of all the madness.  You can prob catch a re run or maybe it'll be "on-demand" for a bit.  

Hey Chris isn't a Cameo a cool truck form the 50's?  Do you know what he paid for it?  There were a few cars (or more than a few) that were in warehouses & didn't look terrible.  I saw a 62 Impala that looked better than my Malibu did when I got it.  Think it sold for $97,500 Shocked
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:24 am

77mali wrote:I saw that the History Channel had coverage of this event- Tanner Faust & Rutledge Wood were there in the middle of all the madness.  You can prob catch a re run or maybe it'll be "on-demand" for a bit.  

Hey Chris isn't a Cameo a cool truck form the 50's?  Do you know what he paid for it?  There were a few cars (or more than a few) that were in warehouses & didn't look terrible.  I saw a 62 Impala that looked better than my Malibu did when I got it.  Think it sold for $97,500 Shocked
he paid 140,turned around and sold it for 155.

but that other buddy of mine with the 70+ cars has one.
VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today Cameo10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 am

Wait....he already sold it & made 15k?  Holy crap. Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:48 am

77mali wrote:Wait....he already sold it & made 15k?  Holy crap. Laughing
some people just have all the luck
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:55 am

Man, I'm in the wrong business. Good for him though talk about a great return on investment (not to mention fast). In order to make 15k on the Malibu I think I'd have to spend 20k & wait about 75 years.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:44 pm

What about the 74 Monte?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Old car prices are beyond ridiculous, into sublime....
Some of the folks on the El Camino forum believe their rides are worth a lot of money, for the G-body variety.
........I don't think so, especially with a wimpy 305 engine...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:27 pm

The gold monte 454 went for 15 thousand and needs literaly every thing done to it. I Could find one on nationwide CL search in a few minutes for half that. People just get caught up in the fever I guess.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Not exactly...isn't there an 8% buyer's fee tacked on? Or, was that just for internet bidders? Still...turn and burn for a few thousand ain't bad!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
Not exactly...isn't there an 8% buyer's fee tacked on?  Or, was that just for internet bidders?  Still...turn and burn for a few thousand ain't bad!
Usually there is a buyer's fee, plus transportation costs back to wherever. I forgot about that but even if it works out to be 10-15% for both that's still a heck of a profit.

I thought the Monte was in poor shape but it was inside, could have been worse. For 15k you can buy a mint 73 M/C or any other A body that needs nothing. People get caught up in this hype for sure.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm

ant7377 wrote:What about the 74 Monte?
heres this one ant,look a little familiar?
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4095514549.html
VanDerBrink/Lambrecht Auction Today Ass10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77elcamino Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:03 pm

the auction was within 40 miles of my house we went to it and everyone had deep pockets so we didnt come back with anything but it was definitely a once in a life time deal pretty neat seeing all the cars ive been to pierce as a kid and saw cars in the dealership!

77elcamino
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Thats a nice one Chris.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down