G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Computer and No Pictures just red X's

5 posters

Go down

New Computer and No Pictures just red X's Empty New Computer and No Pictures just red X's

Post by Tom77 Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 am

Figure its got to be setting but I know more about cars that computers. Somebody help please. Need my fix of your pictures. Thanks
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

New Computer and No Pictures just red X's Empty Re: New Computer and No Pictures just red X's

Post by dynchel Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 pm

i'm no computer wizz, but i know on my work computers (that are filtered) the same thing happens.... You might want to check your firewall as it may be blocking them for some reason.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

New Computer and No Pictures just red X's Empty Re: New Computer and No Pictures just red X's

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:08 pm

I don't quite understand what you mean. If you mean the pictures that are files on your computer do this then I don't know what to tell you, but if its files from a hosting website that are just picked up by your computer then it's not unusual and will probably be just a temerory condition. Right click on the red x and then click "show picture" and see what happens. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Right click on the X & see if it says "show picture". If so click on it & maybe it'll come up that way. Check your browser settings in tools near where the X is to close the window if you have "explorer". Download Firefox- it's a great browser & simple, it'll ask you if you want to set it as the "default" browser for your computer. Say yes & it'll replace the microsoft internet explorer.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 am

Wish I could work for big company that locks down the computers so you cant download anything. Surprised this page shows at all.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi there - this is right up my alley.

Here are the things to try

First clear temporary Internet files
1.Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet options.
2.On the General Tab, under Browsing history, tap or click Delete.
3.In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, clear the Temporary Internet files and website files check box.
4.Click Delete, and then click OK.

Next reset Internet Explorer's security settings
2.On the Security tab, click Default level, and then click OK.

Lastly set Internet Explorer to display pictures
2.On the Advanced tab, under Multimedia, click the Show pictures check box, and click OK.

The above assumes that you haven't been blocked by your boss.  I can't give you a good reason to block just pictures from this site, or any site.  When we do this it's an all or nothing from any site.

You can also turn off your firewall from the control panel or from inside your anitivurus software, whichever applies and try again.  IF this does the trick then the issue is in the firewall, but again it should be set to block an entire site, not just pics.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Dinomyte wrote:Hi there - this is right up my alley.

Here are the things to try

First clear temporary Internet files
2.On the General Tab, under Browsing history, tap or click Delete.
3.In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, clear the Temporary Internet files and website files check box.
4.Click Delete, and then click OK.

Next reset Internet Explorer's security settings
2.On the Security tab, click Default level, and then click OK.

Lastly set Internet Explorer to display pictures
2.On the Advanced tab, under Multimedia, click the Show pictures check box, and click OK.

The above assumes that you haven't been blocked by your boss.  I can't give you a good reason to block just pictures from this site, or any site.  When we do this it's an all or nothing from any site.

You can also turn off your firewall from the control panel or from inside your anitivurus software, whichever applies and try again.  IF this does the trick then the issue is in the firewall, but again it should be set to block an entire site, not just pics.

That got it for my home computer. Thanks My office one not so much. It says I dont have administrative rights. Thanks for the help though. Probably a good thing otherwise would spend all day on here. LOL
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down