G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo

3 posters

Go down

Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo Empty Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo

Post by bracketchev1221 Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:16 am

Anyone that knows Tony Mamo from Airflow Research cylinder heads knows of his cylinder head background. How many know of his killer Monte Carlo? When I lived in NY, I met Tony through a friend I worked with. He lived about 2 miles from me at the time. He brought the car to where I worked one day, and I have to say the car was immaculate. If I remember, it was a 76-77 body style, in deep black. What made the car stand out was not the paint. It was the 557 cu in Chevy under the hood and the Jerico 4 speed that was in the car. The car also had an 8.5 rear that was well built but you wouldn't know any of it from the outside. Tony went as far to cut the 1/2" wheel studs to fit inside the closed lug nuts, so it matched the fronts. Tony dynoed the motor at Shafiroff racing, and it made 806 hp on the dyno on pump gas which back in 1998 this was amazing. There was no roll bar, so the car was not legal for track racing. HOWEVER, he did try it once, and it backed up the GoPro that he had in the car. The car ran in the low 10's and was completely street legal. I can tell you that the car was crazy on the street, because no one would expect a 4100 lbs car to be that fast. I haven't talked to him in a few years, but I think he still has the car. Sitting and waiting.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo Empty Re: Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo

Post by driveit Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:17 am

Sounds awesome.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo Empty Re: Tony Mamo from AFR had a Monte Carlo

Post by ant7377 Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Where is he from ? Long Island? I could ask around I might know someone that knows him. I never heard of that car. I have had mine so long someone is/was always telling me about another one from somewhere. I remember a really nice white one in Yonkers in the late 80's that had a Buick motor in it that hauled A$$.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Yes he used to live in the Hicksville / Levittown area of Long Island. He is in California now.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down