G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

collectable automobile magizine august '99

+3
ant7377
texan01
bitterfitter
7 posters

Go down

collectable automobile magizine august '99 Empty collectable automobile magizine august '99

Post by dynchel Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 am

collectable automobile magizine august '99 <a href=collectable automobile magizine august '99 Img_2050" />
collectable automobile magizine august '99 <a href=collectable automobile magizine august '99 Img_2052" />
collectable automobile magizine august '99 <a href=collectable automobile magizine august '99 Img_2053" />
collectable automobile magizine august '99 <a href=collectable automobile magizine august '99 Img_2054" />
I just scored a august 1999 issue of collectible automobile magazine with a big write up on "73/'77 chevelles.  The article showed concepts as well as the history and stats.  I really like the last picture of what was suppost to be the '72 Chevelle, with the Pontiac looking front bumper.  For those who don't know the new Chevelles were suppost to be out for the '72 model year, but a union strike pushed it off 'till '73.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

collectable automobile magizine august '99 Empty Re: collectable automobile magizine august '99

Post by bitterfitter Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 am

I love those magazines. They do a great job and if you move fast enough; most of the back issues are available. They have many great write-ups on 73-77 GM's. I also liked the Oldsmobile write up from those years.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

collectable automobile magizine august '99 Empty Re: collectable automobile magizine august '99

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 pm

I actually have that one that I bought in the store! Its on my bookshelf.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 pm

I have that one as well!

I got a phone call from the writer looking for pictures at the time and I felt that my tired 76 wasn't magazine worthy. I should have done it as I parked it not long after that call and then junked it. Should have kept it, but was a broke college student at the time.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Kinda looks like they were going for a early second gen Camaro front end. I wonder what all these cars would have looked like if the bumper regs never came to be? You know they had nothing to do with safety (regs) the insurance companys wanted it because they didnt want to keep paying for grills.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 am

Another thing I forgot to mention that I found interesting, the same issue has a write up on the '57/'59 imperial. Did you know they were offered with swivel bucket seats as a option? Me either. Lol
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 am

dynchel wrote:Another thing I forgot to mention that I found interesting, the same issue has a write up on the '57/'59 imperial.  Did you know they were offered with swivel bucket seats as a option?  Me either. Lol

I saw one of those on a car show on TV. They were mechanically linked to the door, so the further you opened the door, the more it turned. I could just picture pulling up to an expensive restaurant and having the valet dump your passenger out on the street when he opens the door. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:16 pm

That's too funny.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:20 pm

collectable automobile magizine august '99 Swivel10
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down