G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

was browsing team chevelle today............

+5
The Dude
ant7377
Limey SE
badbiscayne66
Hydro King
9 posters

Go down

was browsing team chevelle today............ Empty was browsing team chevelle today............

Post by Limey SE Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I am glad and Applaud them for doing so but ACES chevelle club are finally reconizing our cars as chevelles, let the band wagon fill up fastly now, THEY HAVE BEEN CHEVELLE'S SINCE THE FACTORY BUILT THEM ,not just because a chevelle car club finally reconizes them as such .......................

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275426

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

was browsing team chevelle today............ Empty Re: was browsing team chevelle today............

Post by badbiscayne66 Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 pm

I'M GLAD I FOUND MINE AND SAVED IT CAUSE THE MORE PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THEM THE HARDER THEY WILL BE TO GET CHEAP............BUT MAYBE THEY WILL MAKE PARTS FOR THEM!!!!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

was browsing team chevelle today............ Empty Re: was browsing team chevelle today............

Post by Hydro King Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Ya ever heard of some guy in california building a 73 like no one has done before...
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

I HEARD ABOUT IT !!!! BUT HEARD HE WAS A DOUCHE HAHAHA
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 28, 2009 11:17 pm

yea i heard of him i think he used to come here alot but just disappeared or sumtim i heard he thinks the frame is only worth 2 grand though

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Thats pretty cool! At least you get some more recognition !
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 am

"So, by allowing “late models” into ACES, we’re ensuring the club’s future and longevity with an infusion of new blood. We’ve also helped preserve “late models” for future generations, since I feel fewer of them will be sent to the crusher once a genuine interest in them is established. This new interest in those same cars should also bode well for the restoration parts purveyors, as they tool up to manufacture parts for cars that were previously, and largely ignored. And finally, we’ve created a ready market for our classic Chevelles once we’ve decided to let go. By that time, the younger generation will have established themselves and their careers, making it much easier to afford our classics."

So he thinks that only the younger generation appreciates our cars & we only buy them cause we can't afford early models? Screw him... I've had my fair share of 70-72 Chevelles & I'd rather keep what I got. Wonder why I never joined TC? ACES can keep their precious 64-72s, I don't want my car's value to go up!

I did find it funny that "74hotrodmalibu" pretty much quoted what I said about the PHR Laguna.
His/her post today:

"it looks more like its ready for the dirt track than the streets"

My post 2 days ago:

Rago wrote:...I love black primer, & NASCAR theme would have been cool, but honestly it looks more like a future dirt track car than anything so thumbs down there too...

Hmm. Wonder if he/she is a member here or if it's just coincidence?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 am

I like how they're only doing it because the cars are getting popular.
Whatever, it's good that our cars are finally being recognized as classics. If we're lucky, we'll get some aftermarket support out of it Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 am

This is most likely a business decision by ACES- They probably are looking at it as a More cars included= More money for ACES- They may not actually love your car, but they will certainly love your money. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but in the case of another national car club (MCA-Mustang Club of America) they say they embrace ALL generations of mustangs, but still treat at least some of them as 2nd class, particularly the 74-78 mustang II. They won't hug your car, but they will hug your checkbook. I've heard it's the same with Vettes(mid eighties models) and Camaros (after 72) as well. Many of the national car groups are opening up their ranks to include more cars (NSRA, Good Guys) but don't beleive for one second it's only about how cool they think your car is. I would also add that inclusion in the club won't really make any difference in the aftermarket either. The only thing that helps in the aftermarket is demand for parts. I'm happy that they are acknowleding these generations of cars, but we'll see if it's about the cars or the dough.
Wow, that sounds pretty cynical. Sorry.

And Rago, I did notice the quote was awful close to yours.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Sat May 30, 2009 1:54 am

ACES decided to let in the "late models" because they were having a tough time getting enough cars to show up at their events to justify putting them on any more. that, and those cars are winding up with people that don't appreciate what they are and are afraid to drive it and hurt it because they have a good chunk of their 401k invested in it, and they are starting to look at retiring in the next decade or so.
i'm glad that they are starting to realize that "real people" own these cars and want to be let into the club. but i really wish Chuck would relent and include Monte Carlos- after all, my Monte has just as much Chevelle in it as a 74 El Camino. but, nope, they aren't that desperate yet. and maybe they get intimidated by the flowing body lines and superior ride and handling..

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

novaderrik wrote: but i really wish Chuck would relent and include Monte Carlos- after all, my Monte has just as much Chevelle in it as a 74 El Camino. .
Close, but no cigar! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down