G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY!

+4
driveit
thatfnthing
Wallyuph
dynchel
8 posters

Go down

NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! Empty NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY!

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:55 pm

NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! <a href=NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! Perry-14" />420 HP /
NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! <a href=NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! Perry-13" />

450lbs of torque! Now all I need is to get "R" done! Cant wait!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! Empty Re: NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY!

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Sweet! You got a posi? If not you will be doing block long "one wheel peel's"
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY! Empty Re: NEW HEART OF GHOSTRIDER ARRIVED TODAY!

Post by Tom77 Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Yep but original to the car so I'm thinkin might have to swap next!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:29 pm

That's a nice Valentines day gift from your wife!!!!

You luck dog you.

That is Awesome
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Leg Hump
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Very nice!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:43 am

Very nice but what is to become of Old motor ??
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:36 am

Still in it for now!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:06 am

Awesome. A crate motor would be ideal. Drop it in and fire it up. Thats what I want and since I drive mine all year round and it is freakin cold here right not. I am leaning toward fuel injection.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:Still in it for now!

For Now LOL

is that a virgin 77 Block ? looking for one to replace the .030 over one I have
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:44 am

Blueprinted and balanced series 1 engine bought from Autozone in '98
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:51 am

Ok now that the wow factor has worn off need some help from you high performance guys. This monster has a 750 double pumper on it. How do I feed it. Assume stock pump won't work. Also needs a 2400 stall converter and weighted flex plate? Have no ideas were to get these. Checked rock auto no luck. Summit?
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:07 am

Ghost check TCI out for your converter & flex-plate.  They're a division of Comp Cams .  They're probably going to be more money than others but they make a quality product.

http://www.tciauto.com/

What size crank do you have?  Do you have the spec's on the motor?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:10 pm

fuel pump will need to step up to a high volume pump from Holley it will keep up with it, And X2 on the TCI recommendation they are the best quality
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:27 am

http://blueprintengines.com/index.php/products/bp-gm-crate-engines-landing/gm-383-main/item/gm-383-dressed-bp3834ctc1

These are the specs from the website. I left the others in the crate. I stored it at work in a heated warehouse till I am ready for it. Didnt expect it to be delivered this quick.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 am

Nice!

I'm assuming since it's a 383 it's a "stroker" motor and you have a 400 sbc crankshaft in there, although they don't really specify that on the page. 383's use a crank from a 400 motor & are larger than the typical 350 small block shafts. The end that comes out of the rear main seal is larger & will require a specific flywheel for the 400 crank.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Good to know thanks. Would hate to get ready to put that in a find out then. You probably saved me some BP pills! Laughing
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by switchbiker Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 am

I got hung up on the picture of the engine in the banner on the blueprint engines page, noticed it looked like the firing order was all wrong on the engine then after further inspection realized the picture is flipped / mirror image. haha.

Yes you will need a externally balanced flywheel and balancer if it is a standard 400 CID crankshaft.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down