G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vactaion!

3 posters

Go down

Vactaion! Empty Vactaion!

Post by driveit Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm

So just go back from our first vacation as a family. It was the first one my wife and I had taken in 7 years.

The day before we leave my wife has an accident in the car we were driving on our trip. We went to North beach in Racine then went over and took some pics of the lighthouse there. Next we went on over to Wisconsin Dells to our room. We stayed in Meadowbrook Resort which was really nice. I rode a duck which was interesting and fed some deer.

Sunday morning we left to pick up a uHaul trailer. That was not fun!

One of the best parts of the trip was meeting a fellow member and his wife. Thanks to Wally and Connie for putting up with us for a bit. Wally helped me load and tie down the engine and transmission along with a few other things. He also took me for a ride in his Laguna. I was impressed with the power it had. It was the first Laguna I had ever seen. It was more like a Laguna Trans Am... Wally's Chevelle was awesome! The details that he has put into the car are amazing. Wish he would have had it ready to drive as well.

So After driving about 18 hours we made it home about 2 I think it was. I dropped the wife and kids off and went to start dropping in the engine. We pulled the old one, we set in the new one and got it bolted down. We still have to get all of the lines, hoses and headers hooked up.

I will be adding pictures and possible a good burnout video once installed!

Thanks again Wally!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Vactaion! Empty Re: Vactaion!

Post by Tom77 Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Next time stop in Indy!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Could have. I wanted to stop at a few more places, but didn't know how to get in touch with anyone.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Still on the fence for coming to Somernites Cruise at end of months. Have to see finance's.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:31 pm

I really hope you can come to this one it is all about Chevelles, Malibus and El Caminos.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 pm

I need it to stop raining so that we can get this motor in..... Everyone pray that it stops raining for the rest of the week in KY. Thanks in advance.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:32 pm

Your welcome Chris. It was nice to meat a fellow member in person.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Yes it was and I did show up!  We have pics to prove it.  We got rained out for the rest of the day on the engine install and they are calling for rain until Saturday. Sad I really need a garage... It is killing me not hearing it run, plus currently I am bumming rides until I get my car back.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum