G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper control arms. Drivers side, Pass side.

3 posters

Go down

Upper control arms.  Drivers side, Pass side. Empty Upper control arms. Drivers side, Pass side.

Post by Joe73 Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm

I just finished glass beading my upper control arm cross shafts. Just want to double check, any easy way to tell drivers from passenger side? Hate to put the drivers cross shaft on the pass side by mistake. Thanks guys.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Upper control arms.  Drivers side, Pass side. Empty Re: Upper control arms. Drivers side, Pass side.

Post by dynchel Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 pm

I just looked at mine and they look the same...are you sure there is a specific left and right?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Upper control arms.  Drivers side, Pass side. Empty Re: Upper control arms. Drivers side, Pass side.

Post by Joe73 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes they are definitely different. I just laid them side by side and two things I noticed. The flat area the ball joint goes into, one arm tips up to the right and the other up to the left.
I also did notice that the rubber bump goes into a "slit" on the center of the arm. The slit is not centered on the arm. One arm the slit is closer the front of the car and on the other its closer to the rear.
So if someone can verify which side the slit goes towards the front of the car, that would verify that I have them right.
Thanks guys.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Here's the right side upper control arm, side specific ...looks like the cross shafts are the same left to right as well.
Upper control arms.  Drivers side, Pass side. Image_zps0f347390
Too late now but I always mark things like hinges and control arms, getting older and my memory is lousy, I would be asking the same question myself!!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Ok, thanks alot. Looks like the slit for the bumper stop is forward on the right side. I'll make a note of that. As for the cross shafts, my left and right are different. I know the drivers one is thinner in the center area to make room for the steering shaft coming down from the firewall to the steering box.

Thanks again for the pic.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Ahh you're right! The drivers side cross shaft is thinner! Glad the pic helped.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down