G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popular Hot Rodding

+4
77mali
thatfnthing
badtemper44
ant7377
8 posters

Go down

Popular Hot Rodding Empty Popular Hot Rodding

Post by ant7377 Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Today I got the very last issue of Popular Hotrodding ever. Ive been reading it for years.Its too bad but the internet claimed another one.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Popular Hot Rodding Empty Re: Popular Hot Rodding

Post by badtemper44 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:32 am

It was a great mag. I did quit subscribing years ago though. The cars festured, and I know a lot of mags are this way, were just way too far out of my league. This just made it all seem so unrealistic to me.
badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 am

badtemper44 wrote:It was a great mag. I did quit subscribing years ago though. The cars festured, and I know a lot of mags are this way, were just way too far out of my league. This just made it all seem so unrealistic to me.

Which is exactly why they sucked. They always assumed their readers had a spare $20k burning a hole in their pocket, and if their tech stuff was always the same five articles. They had a shorter playlist than a Buffalo radio station. I ditched them back in the 80s.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:09 am

I have subscriptions to car craft, hot rod, and used to subscribe to chevy high performance.  I never really cared for PHR, but its sad to see it go.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:47 pm

I've been reading Hot Rod since the 50s, but they are getting to be a rich hot rodder's mag too.
I shouldn't say too much about that I guess, since my Elco project is past 14 K already.. Head Bang 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

pila wrote:I've been reading Hot Rod since the 50s, but they are getting to be a rich hot rodder's mag too.  
I shouldn't say too much about that I guess, since my Elco project is past 14 K already.. Head Bang 

Yeah but I'd bet you'd get more than 25k @ a Mecum Auction for her. Hurry up & paint that thing! Very Happy 

Back to the magazine- they are ALL the same way now. Every once in a while someone will feature a "budget build" but they're too few & far between IMHO. Too bad because they used to be real good & worth the $5.00.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Isn't Popular Hot Rodding the mag that had the Engine Masters Challenge ? I used to get the issue that had all those engines when they did the dyno runs etc...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:02 pm

What am I supposed to read on the beach now? It's sad to see another mag pass, but it's a sign of the times, and they're not changing to meet their new readership.

Hot Rod and others like it were about building 50's 60's even 70's classic style muscle cars. As a teen without even money for a car it was great fantasy to see and read about $250,000 ZL1 '69 Corvette, (1 of 5 built, I can still remember the picture, yellow with black strips). But today's youth is interested in their own version of the car, yah an 80s Honda CRX (the little two seater), not 60's muscle. And those of us reading it are looking at what's in the garage and we're into a little less fantasy as we've got a couple of bucks to spend.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 pm

https://www.g3gm.com/t1343-phr-steve-yoders-76-laguna
Here's a "vintage"  discussion about PHR....
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 pm

I wonder what will happen to their "project X" '57 Chevy.  The one that was used in Hollywood knights
Popular Hot Rodding <a href=Popular Hot Rodding I053510_zps5regnpni" />
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 pm

I have searched hi and low for this last copy they are all sold out can zome grab me one and send it will pay the postage fod media mail
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down