G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some information. Please help.

5 posters

Go down

Need some information. Please help. Empty Need some information. Please help.

Post by BadBowtie73 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:17 pm

A friend of mine has a 74 Trans Am with the 455 in it and interested in selling it. I was looking for some information about the car being as I'm a Chevelle guy I don't really know to much about Pontiac's. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.
BadBowtie73
BadBowtie73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Need some information. Please help. Empty Re: Need some information. Please help.

Post by ant7377 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Thats worth good money in nice shape. Not as much as a 73 but still a few bucks. Check out performance years forums for lots of pontiac info. Is it nice?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Need some information. Please help. Empty Re: Need some information. Please help.

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I would have him run the numbers to make sure he isn't getting rid of one of the rare 74 SD 455 Trans Ams he would def be kiking himself for the rest of his natural born days LOL other than that He should get some good cash for it if its in good shape
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BadBowtie73 Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks a lot guys i'll run the VIN number and see what he has. ant7377 unfortunatly it has been neglected for 20 years so its not in the best shape but all of the pieces are there so it has one thing going for it.
BadBowtie73
BadBowtie73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 pm

What specificlly do you want to know.  My master tech  buddy loves trans am's (he owns 5)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 am

Have him check to see if the 455 is a super-duty version. A 455 marked with an "XD" on the engine pad code is coveted by Poncho collectors.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by BadBowtie73 Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Dynchel, I was looking to see what kind of money its might be worth. I ran the VIN and it is not an SD unfortunately but it is still a 74 Trans AM with a 455.
BadBowtie73
BadBowtie73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm

I just texted him, I'll let you know what he said when he responds.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down