G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73-77 buicks

4 posters

Go down

73-77 buicks Empty 73-77 buicks

Post by oldz74 Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:25 pm

for the regal/century guys, how does the center console mount to the floor? i see holes in the storage compartment to mount to the rear but where else? middle, front? i know cutlasses and others mount in 3 spots. photos will be helpful as i want to do a conversion.

oldz74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73-77 buicks Empty Re: 73-77 buicks

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 pm

I have one of those laying around, too. If you lift off the B U I C K emblem running lengthwise on the front section of the console, you'll see a mtg hole. On mine, the emblem separated from the metal backing that snaps down on the console...so, be advised that has to be removed to reveal the hole. It's been several years since I removed it, but I think those are the only two places it was fastened to the tunnel.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:45 pm

I don't think we have any (regular) members that have a buick....I miss my beater '77 regal.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by oldz74 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I have one of those laying around, too.  If you lift off the B U I C K emblem running lengthwise on the front section of the console, you'll see a mtg hole.  On mine, the emblem separated from the metal backing that snaps down on the console...so, be advised that has to be removed to reveal the hole.  It's been several years since I removed it, but I think those are the only two places it was fastened to the tunnel.

any idea if the shifter mounts on the same holes on the floor brace as all the others? i wonder about the shifter cable? if it is the same? i doubt GM made 6 different cables for these year cars.

oldz74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by oldz74 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I have one of those laying around, too.  If you lift off the B U I C K emblem running lengthwise on the front section of the console, you'll see a mtg hole.  On mine, the emblem separated from the metal backing that snaps down on the console...so, be advised that has to be removed to reveal the hole.  It's been several years since I removed it, but I think those are the only two places it was fastened to the tunnel.

if it's in nice shape i'd buy it for the right price. do you have the shifter as well?

oldz74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:43 am

73-77 buicks 7377bu10

Cable looks to be the same length/configuration as a Cutlass and Chevelle cable I have. Rear shifter mtg bracket holes are spaced same distance apart as a Chevy shifter. Judging by cable length being the same, I'd say it mounts in the same holes on the tunnel. Also noticed towards the front of the shifter it has a mtg plate where it bolts to the underside of the console.

As you will notice, the woodgrain decal is missing on top of the storage box. Those are readily available on e-Bay and Buick parts suppliers. Some pitting on the shifter face plate. Otherwise, no cracks, chips, etc. on the console. I've been working with a guy overseas with his '74 Luxus restoration and he's been telling me for months that he wants to buy it. But, I keep getting the same 'ol story..."doesn't have the cash quite yet". Since I haven't been in any big hurry to sell it, I've just sat on it.

I understand these are pretty much the same as the much sought-after and pricey consoles for the '70-'72 Buicks (including the GSX); with a little trimming around the bottom. Make me an offer.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oldz74 Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 am

PM sent .

oldz74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:39 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:I understand these are pretty much the same as the much sought-after and pricey consoles for the '70-'72 Buicks (including the GSX); with a little trimming around the bottom.  Make me an offer.  

This is going to sound odd, but can you locate one of those in ratty condition?  I have the same shifter installed in mine, but with a custom console I built.  The part I've been struggling with is making something to actually cover the shifter opening, and I'm looking at that one thinking I could use the center section as a starting point and build from there.  So it doesn't need to be in good shape since I'll be cutting on it anyway -- I don't want to ruin a good one.  Run across any beat up ones?

73-77 buicks Center10
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:33 pm

This is the one and only Buick console I've come across when searching the yards. Sorry...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:42 am

No worries. If you should happen across another in your future yard trips that has a decent center section, keep me in mind! Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down