G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a cool article about the laguna

+4
orange Juiced
Roadcaptain S3
pila
bracketchev1221
8 posters

Go down

a cool article about the laguna Empty a cool article about the laguna

Post by dynchel Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classic-1976-chevrolet-laguna-s-3-a-beach-too-far/
I found this by accident, while looking for something else.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

a cool article about the laguna Empty Re: a cool article about the laguna

Post by bracketchev1221 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Those guys were not fans of the 73-77 malibus. Here is another article from Curbside Classics.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/03/curbside-classic-gms-deadly-sin-76-1976-chevrolet-malibu-classic/

bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 am

I love how they found a raggedy example to photograph.

People either love 'em or hate 'em. The articles are good examples of outsiders opinions.

The haters usually cite dismal HP, too big etc.  And they are usually older guys who only appreciate older cars. One of my favorite common bi##hes is the big bumpers, but the same guy will tell you how they love the big chrome bumpers of the 50's. Go figure. We know the truth about the size and HP comparisons.

The folks that appreciate them like the style of them.

Just about every time I stop for gas, I see a youngster taking a pic with their phone. Haters usually can't even work a smart phone.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I love how they found a raggedy example to photograph.

People either love 'em or hate 'em. The articles are good examples of outsiders opinions.

The haters usually cite dismal HP, too big etc.  And they are usually older guys who only appreciate older cars. One of my favorite common bi##hes is the big bumpers, but the same guy will tell you how they love the big chrome bumpers of the 50's. Go figure. We know the truth about the size and HP comparisons.

The folks that appreciate them like the style of them.

Just about every time I stop for gas, I see a youngster taking a pic with their phone. Haters usually can't even work a smart phone.
I get a lot of positive feedback about my car also. Hell a high school friend I had not seen since high school, who has had the same '69 chevelle (396 4 speed) since high school,  told me he always thought the '73/'77's were kinda cool.  Besides they were very popular when they were common, as they got older people gravitated to the earlier cars.

Last edited by dynchel on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comments)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:46 pm

My Malibu is stored at the airport in a hangar, where we store a few cars for folks during the winter. I'm always asked if I would sell it, and how much I would take for it etc.. Don't think it's time to sell yet, since it costs me nothing for storage.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 pm

I took mine up to the gas station and parts store the other day to fill er up and get stabilizer since it's gonna sit a bit this winter. Sad At the gas station two 20-ish guys were taking pics of it, then another guy got his girlfriend to take a pic of him with it at the parts store.

The only folks I ever hear any guff from are usually just the cranky guys that don't like anything made after 1970, anything not made in Detroit, and anything that costs under 10 grand, anything with more than two doors or even a bed.

Car Snobs.

Real car guys like a little of everything.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Real car guys like all sorts of old cars. Even F**d, and other makes even if they can't say it out loud. We just happen to like some things better than others. That's mostly because we remember them as our first car or the one we "drove" at 6 or 7 years old. (you know on dad's knees) or the one that our older cousin / neighbor / family friend had, it's more the memory of something.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Dinomyte & Roadcaptain S3 u guys hit nail on the head.

a cool article about the laguna 1282949754357
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Justinferr74chevelle Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm 15 my dad bought me a 1974 Chevelle and I plan on keeping that car until I can't drive any more love that car

Justinferr74chevelle
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Justinferr74chevelle wrote:I'm 15 my dad bought me a 1974 Chevelle and I plan on keeping that car until I can't drive any more love that car
That's cool.  I've had my '74 for twenty years (I bought it when I was 19). What are your plans for it?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Justinferr74chevelle wrote:I'm 15 my dad bought me a 1974 Chevelle and I plan on keeping that car until I can't drive any more love that car

This is what I'm talking about !! I suggest you keep it after you can't drive any more and have someone drive you around in it. That's my plan. Smile

Welcome by the way. I hope you enjoy your ride.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunaconda Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Hey guys, here is a brief mention of a '75 Laguna:

http://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2014/10/24/Classic-Car-Features?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Hagerty%20Weekly%20News%2011-19-2014
Shaunaconda
Shaunaconda
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down