G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Logo

+8
Wallyuph
Joe73
Mcarlo77
dynchel
Hawk03
Limey SE
1973montec
77mali
12 posters

Go down

New Logo Empty New Logo

Post by driveit Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 am

Been thinking of updating my logo for a long time. The top one if my original and the other two are the new ones, the bottom one is my preferred. Let me know what you think!
New Logo Update10

driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

New Logo Empty Re: New Logo

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:09 am

Id go with the.second or third one. Although all look great. The top one is a 70-72 chevelle body. Lol
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:12 am

Bottom one gets my vote.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:36 am

bottom :<P
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:48 am

bottom gets mine
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 am

Keep the top one. You want people to remember the name not the design or detail of the car in the background. The bottom two are too busy and take away from your name.

Keep it simple. You might also want to decrease the font on the D & S bookend letters. It looks like it reads New Sight Esign.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 am

Second
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:48 pm

I tend to share Hawk's opinion since you're appealing to a broad range of car/truck owners.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 am

Good on you for asking. So many small business people take the logo they like and don't ever ask. It's a logo, just like any other tool. Pick the one that's best for the job. I'd say stick with the original, it's simple and elegant, it's not busy. I'd consider changing the web address capitals will make it easier to read, I've a number of times read it as news ight designs and had to re-read it.

NewSightDesigns.wix.com

www & http are understood.

/home ? Why is your website in a folder off the main folder?

Just my $0.02 worth.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 am

Hawk03 wrote:Keep the top one. You want people to remember the name not the design or detail of the car in the background. The bottom two are too busy and take away from your name.

Dinomyte wrote:Good on you for asking.  So many small business people take the logo they like and don't ever ask.  It's a logo, just like any other tool.  Pick the one that's best for the job.  I'd say stick with the original, it's simple and elegant, it's not busy.

I agree with Hawk & Dinomyte. Best to stay simple. While I like the detail in the bottom one, it takes away from the name & makes it seem like you're just targeting those vehicles. The top one ... is way more general.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Simple little things are the miracle cures" __ Neal McCoy __ 'Wink'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 am

Here are a few more ideas.

I took some of your advised to heart and made a few changes. I will be keeping the D and S larger as it was my attempt at making those letters seem like wheels on the cars outline. I thought it was clever, but some don't even pick up on it. Let me know your thoughts.

New Logo Update11
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:41 am

I like the first one. Definitely highlights the name and web site but still has a nice sporty car effect in the background.
The third is a little plain and the forth a bit better.

Love the whole concept of the design.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:18 am

driveit wrote:Here are a few more ideas.

Cool ... of these, I like #3 the best ... still have the outline & retain the simple nature. That noted, however, the 1st is a bit more intriguing because the car outline is faded ... so that it isn't as prominent in the logo.

driveit wrote:I took some of your advised to heart and made a few changes.  I will be keeping the D and S larger as it was my attempt at making those letters seem like wheels on the cars outline.  I thought it was clever, but some don't even pick up on it.

Ah, OK. In that case, I wonder if it would be a bit clearer for those that don't pick up on it if you'd move the "new sight" to above the "D" & "S". For instance, in the 3rd pic, place "new sight" where the door & rear opera windows would be....

"That's the price that we all pay" __ New Order __ 'True Faith'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am

3 looks simple understated and more like it's a design shop rather than a hot rod shop.  Remember you want to attract folks that want a design done, not those that think you do just car designs.

Speaking of speed shops So-Cal Customs is a perfect example, their logo is simple elegant and sticks in your mind but doesn't scream car, not to mention you see other things and are reminded of it.

The Japanese Ying & Yang
A surf board

Just my thoughts at 8am without coffee. . .

Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks everyone.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Had a new idea. Was thinking that it might be cool to have multiple variations of my logo to match each vehicle type. They would all have the same font type and same feel so it would be unmistakable for the same company or artist. Thoughts?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Consistency is KING !!! One logo, one design otherwise people get confused as to what you really are. At most one colour and one black & white (for things like faxes or rubber stamps)

Take a look at many of the big companies, Home Depot, IBM, Staples etc. . . They have the budget to have a different logo for each store but they want people to know it's one and the same each and every time.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Dinomyte wrote:Consistency is KING !!!  One logo, one design otherwise people get confused as to what you really are.  At most one colour and one black & white (for things like faxes or rubber stamps)  

Take a look at many of the big companies, Home Depot, IBM, Staples etc. . . They have the budget to have a different logo for each store but they want people to know it's one and the same each and every time.

Could not have said it better.

Here's a little story for you. My Wally s Upholstery logo was done in 1993. The first year I was doing in home service for the St Paul/ MPLS metro area. I put on almost 30K that first year. My brother took my car to a show way south of my home location. At the show I had my sign with logo for Wally's Upholstery. 3 guys came up and said I see those trucks allover the place they must be pretty big. My brother laughed and said its just my little brother and his one truck. So you see its all about Constancy and recognition.

Here is the logo that has not changed since 1993 to present.

New Logo <a href=New Logo Wally_10" />

I feel big corporate has it all wrong and changing every thing.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Thank Wally !!  I've got a similar story.

Red Box Computer Solutions was started in '05 by me on my own.  One day i was in the local hospital which we'd provided LCD displays to.  One of the big wigs in the department that was involved in the process of purchases, but not directly saw me with the logo on my golf shirt.  Made a point of coming over, introducing himself and asking if we were international?  I had to own up and tell him we were Canada wide, as I'd sold something to my brother-in-laws work in B.C.

New Logo Red_bo10

Unchanged in 10 years.

Also just for the record we have a black and white logo fro faxes, but have a red and white logo as a rubber stamp, figured black was just wrong for a company called Red Box. Smile

Hope this helps. Have you considered getting in touch with your local Small Business Centre? They would be a wealth of information, advice, probably even classes about marketing and so on. There may even be financial assistance that you might qualify for.

Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks everyone. I love getting input from others.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:13 am

Dinomyte wrote:Consistency is KING !!!

Indeed.

driveit ... looking forward to seeing which logo you decide to use!

"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" __ Michael Martin Murphy __ 'Still Taking Chances'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 am

number 3 out of that last set.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:44 am

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.  I have a decided on the logo.  Check out the full set below.

New Logo Final_10
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down