G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Go down

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads Empty winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Post by knightfan26917 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 pm

*
With spring weather now (including severe thunderstorm potential the next 24 hours or so here in Chicagoland), hopefully we’re saying good bye to winter 2014-2015 for good…
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/08/automotive-daily-80/

…& with that, to what spring-summer-fall events are you looking forward to saying hello in 2015?
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/07/daily-dose-trivia-tue-12/
None are on my list, at the moment, at least. I have a few I’d like to attend, but with no income, probably not going to happen.

BTW, do you remember any of these 4 ads that pose a challenge?
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/07/automotive-daily-79/


Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Life is a runaway train you can't wait to jump on" __ Sugarland __ 'Already Gone'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads Empty Re: winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Post by dynchel on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 pm

First Sunday a group of us '(73454monte's deal) are going to cruise for a cure.  Bonus, its about 1/2 mile from my house.


Last edited by dynchel on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads Empty Re: winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Ads:

True or not,the Honda ad would get you you flogged and flayed today. I'm quite sure that anyone running that ad in the 21st century would be run down by a screaming (but well dressed and nice smelling) horde and bludgeoned with pitchfork handles and torches.

Granada: BAD MEMORY! Circa 1984, A rather large-ish gentleman back-jumped me then bounced my head off the deck lid of a puke green 7? Granada.

Sadly, I had a large crescent wrench in the back pocket of my Levis that I plumb forgot about until later when I was patching up what was left of my face and head. My upper lip was big enough to sit a Coke can on for three days, and my scalp was sore for a week.

Thanks FORD!!

POST_SCRIPT: I did catch up with Mr. Gargantua a few weeks later and was able to exact retribution.

I kinda wonder at times if he was ever able to breed successfully.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads Empty Re: winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Post by thatfnthing on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I kinda wonder at times if he was ever able to breed successfully.

One would hope not. Mad
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads Empty Re: winter, 2015 events, challenging vintage ads

Post by knightfan26917 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:24 pm

dynchel wrote:First Sunday  a group of us '(73454monte's deal) are going to cruise for a cure.  Bonus, its about 1/2 mile from my house.

Awesome!  Enjoy the cruise. Smile


Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Ads:

True or not,the Honda ad would get you you flogged and flayed today. I'm quite sure that anyone running that ad in the 21st century would be run down by a screaming (but well dressed and nice smelling) horde and bludgeoned with pitchfork handles and torches.

That is along the lines of my thinking, too.  HA!  When I 1st saw it, I thought, 'This has to be a joke'.  LOL!


Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Granada: BAD MEMORY! Circa 1984, A rather large-ish gentleman back-jumped me then bounced my head off the deck lid of a puke green 7? Granada.

Sadly, I had a large crescent wrench in the back pocket of my Levis that I plumb forgot about until later when I was patching  up what was left of my face and head. My upper lip was big enough to sit a Coke can on for three days, and my scalp was sore for a week.

Thanks FORD!!

YIKES ... Sorry about that bad memory. Sad


thatfnthing wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I kinda wonder at times if he was ever able to breed successfully.

One would hope not. Mad

Burst out laughing at this ... LOL!  I'd hope not, too.

Dare I ask what type of retribution you did?


*
It’s “Throwback Thursday”, right?  Well, “back in the day”, I hosted gatherings, inviting people from various heart- & car-related boards & groups!

~65 people (from Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin & the Cleveland OH area) attended the 1st “MidSummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/26/2008 (Saturday).  Pics from an attendee…
http://pics.projectmonte.com/album/12498

…contrast that to the 3rd (& final) “MidSummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/24/2010 (Saturday).  Only a fraction of the people (farthest away was from Auburn IL)…
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/3rdAnnualMidSummerChitownGathering

Then, in 2012, I hosted a cruise night:
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/RoadsNWheelsJumpStartCruiseNightOHSParty05122012


Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I guess I should watch what I wish for" __ Theory Of A Deadman __ 'Nothing Could Come Between Us'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum