G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear deck/trunk divider. help

3 posters

Go down

Rear deck/trunk divider. help Empty Rear deck/trunk divider. help

Post by MallyMal S-3 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm

anyone know where i can find the pad and card board that goes above the rear deck panel/ trunk divider. my panel is fine but the padding looks like a rabid chipmunk went at it affraid
MallyMal S-3
MallyMal S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Rear deck/trunk divider. help Empty Re: Rear deck/trunk divider. help

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm

OPGI:
RSS5800: 73-77 Shelf
1R5600: 73-77 Shelf w/jute (padding)

You should probably go to thier website and order a free catalog. They're making more stuff every year for these cars.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by MallyMal S-3 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:26 pm

you are definately my go to guy. thank you thank you thank you. ok and if i going to replace the dash should i try to part it from another car or just simply get a dash cap??
MallyMal S-3
MallyMal S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Good luck finding an unmolested dash for these cars. I tried and tried, but was unsuccessful. I found one on eBay that went for over $1,200 at auction's end.

I purchased and tried to install one of the dash caps, but the vent cut-outs didn't line up perfectly on mine. I've seen some decent installs, but they're never perfect. You can always see a little bit of the factory dash around the bottom corners. Since my dash was literally destroyed, I removed it and sent it to Just Dashes. They specialize in completely removing the original vinyl and padding and rebuild it by hand. They then put it into the Thermo Vacuum Forming matching and vacuum form the new vinyl just like it was done at the factory. The results are absolutely AMAZING, but pricy. Each dash requires a custom quote, but you're looking at about $800 or so.

I guess it's all a matter of how far you want to go with the car. I was going to just do the dash cap, but I got so carried away with the rest of it, I just couldn't see settling when it came to the dash.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by MallyMal S-3 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:02 pm

mm we'll see. i'll purchase the dash cap now and pray it fits to my likings. thanks man.
MallyMal S-3
MallyMal S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:OPGI:
RSS5800: 73-77 Shelf
1R5600: 73-77 Shelf w/jute (padding)

You should probably go to thier website and order a free catalog. They're making more stuff every year for these cars.

yep they have them
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down