G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook being Ignorant again.

+4
77mali
Pdawgie
Famstyle
Limey SE
8 posters

Go down

Facebook being Ignorant again. Empty Facebook being Ignorant again.

Post by Famstyle Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:48 pm

FB wants too confirm names! Okay and they want documentation! Bull! If you cant reach me on facebook, try here Please and thankyou! tc By the way , how is your guys day going? lol
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Facebook being Ignorant again. Empty Re: Facebook being Ignorant again.

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:55 pm

HHAAA Yea same ol same ol with Crapbook or better yet Dramabook

Been good Troy, how's that Pink velocity stack ? getting closer wanna come for the day and paint and drop motor in ?? LMAO I know its to far Buddy
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Yea it is far! But even farther , is people who share our love for these73-77's ! I haven't met a lot of them around here!lol parts or cars are hard too come by! Then it's a money thing! Man, Like Mick Jagger, sometimes I can't get no satisfaction! lmao! tc
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:36 am

It looks to me as if the shine is wearing off of FB. I just recently joined under an alias. Never had much interest in it, but lots of companies are dropping web pages and moving to FB, so I joined up just to have access to those.
I went through and found lots of people that I know, but most have not updated anything on their pages in a long time. Some barely posted anything at all and it's been years since they were active.
I think FB is past it's prime for most folks. It appears that twitter and snapchat are more popular with the young folks.
It seems the only thing I ever get on FB is stuff from the same 3-4 people over and over, and it's usually just "look at me and how cool I am" stuff. One hag in particular loves to post pics of herself in yoga poses everyday.
WTF?
It's clear I haven't missed anything.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:33 am

I have a FB account but NEVER post anything, I just have it so long lost friends and family can have a way to contact me if they have the hankering. I really don't like all the drama on there, if I want drama I'll get married... lol. (It is good for remembering birthdays though).
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Yea , where do you go mostly? Is there another FB style option Captain? Same here on the friends and fam! Pdawgie! tc
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 pm

The only places I really go to are message boards for my different cars, other than that, I mostly stay away from all social media sites. Once in a blue moon I go out to youtube if I'm looking for something in particular, and check in at FB about once every couple of weeks to a month to see if I have any requests. The rest I don't really need the BS.
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Famstyle wrote:Yea , where do you go mostly? Is there another FB style option Captain? Same here on the friends and fam! Pdawgie! tc

I've never been much of a social media kinda guy. I tried foolin' with it a little waaaaay back when the competition was btwn FB and MySpace (04-05??). I got scared off by messages from an ex and her current boyfriend threatening me because she sent me messages. Yeeesh.  It was pretty silly/creepy then and hasn't improved. I also had some friends that did some really stupid **** because of FB/ MySpace. Dumped wives and ran off to be with women they hadn't seen in 10 years (only to show up later after they remebered why they dumped them in the first place). Or the dumbasses that that drunk posted or even lost jobs over it.

As far as long lost friends, I kept in touch with most of the people I wanted to over the years, and there are plenty of people I left behind (for a reason) that I would like nothing better than for them to stay behind. I have found many of them under my alias and figured out that I haven't missed anything and made a wise decision to avoid them in the first place. Embarassed

It never ceases to amaze me the stuff that people will blab about themselves, their friends/fam and anything else they should just keep to themselves.
There's a lot of folks out there that should have their thumbs amputated.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:36 pm

I really hope things like Farce-book become a thing of the past. Too many people wasting too much time being douches to one another.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:43 pm

I've been a member there for a long time, but seldom get on. I really don't care what people had for lunch etc, when they post pics of food etc. What a load of crap.....

Kind shows what the so-called average person has for time to waste .....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Yep.
Gotta wonder what some of them are thinking. My wife has a "friend" who posts absolutely nothing except her medical issues, and does it several times a day. You would have to beat me black and blue before I would tell hundreds of people about my colon or take pics of all of the psycho meds I take every day.

I think they also fail to understand just how many people can see that stuff. I have a neighbor who "likes" things all day long. So I get to see pics of baggy-A$$ old women PROUDLY doing yoga poses in their underwear. Ick. They probably have no idea that lots of people that don't know them see that stuff. Or if they do, then they have some serious issues with narcissism.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 pm

My wife has a fb and I use it for stuff. Mainly to keep in contact with family in Italy its good to share pictures and events when you are so far away.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Famstyle wrote:I haven't met a lot of them around here!

You're in the Fort Wayne IN area, right? I'm surprised you haven't met too many people in that area ... I used to know quite a few, but still am in touch with some.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Beginning to think that I'm wasting time" __ Dobie Gray __ 'Drift Away'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down