G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are you at picture

+29
73ss
Mlw73ss
fasrnur
Hs1973
alowerlevel
Iguy
thatfnthing
Joe73
Zaptiah
Hawk03
Mitchell Murphy
bigredlaguna
Limey SE
clanceman427
77mali
Crawf388
Mud55
impalamonte
Showtime73
bracketchev1221
Podor
Tom77
pila
crice63
McCauley5983
rosco77
Damon23
dhw3971
BlackChevelleSS
33 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Where are you at picture - Page 8 Empty Re: Where are you at picture

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:01 am

Hey.  Sorry no pics this weekend.  I am in Monterey California at the WORLD SUPERBIKE RACE!!!  I think there is a story about how the Laguna got it's name from this race track.  The world guys and the US guys will be racing here at the Laguna Seca race track.  This is kinda like a dream come true.  To make it even better I have my 14 year old daughter with me.  I think I might high jack my own thread and post some pics this weekend.  I hope to buy something from the Laguna Seca track to go next to my Laguna S3 flag in my garage.  Pretty stoked (understatement).
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:20 am

The rumor is our cars name means Laguna Seca Super Sport. This is just a rumor of course. Hope you and your daughter enjoy your time at the races!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:45 am

I believe Bill is correct on this-it only makes sense, since the cars were already racing nascar in 1973. The 73 cars were named after Laguna beach in California. I always thought the S-3 meant "Super Sport Successor" or "Sport Chevelle 3rd generation. But the Laguna Seca Super Sport seems logical. I have 2 metal tag frames that have Laguna seca raceway California on my cars- really neat cars and the end of the Super Sport legacy- These cars are ALWAYS a conversation piece anywhere I go- enjoy the races, wish I were there-you can send me a post card! enjoy- Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 am

Hey.  Things went great.  The guy I came to see, Johnny Rea 3 time World Champiion, won both races and I was able to meet him and have my hat signed.  I also met 4 time World Champion Eddie Lawson.  Nice.  The weather in California is so much better than Houston.  Sorry on the post card, looked at every Laguna Seca store and no luck.  I did get some signed posters from Johnny Rea, Eddie Lawson, Tony Elias, and a future superstar Garrett Gerloff.  Here are a couple of pics.  Back to working on my Laguna this weekend.

My daughter on the $37,000 Ducati Special Edition V4
 Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4010

Garrett's R1 Superbike.  It goes 200mph.  It's real fast.
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4011

Laguna Seca track from the top of the hill.  This is where our Laguna's got there name.  Laguna S3 (Laguna Seca Super Sport)
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4012

Me with last years World Superbike machine.  It goes like 212.  
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4013
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 am

Looks like you had a nice little break from the madness here in Houston. Glad you got time to spend with your daughter. And at one of the best known tracks in the world. 212 mph is approaching ludicrous speed. I can barely wrap my head around 120 mph.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Laguna update: Just made a big deal today that saw my 1970 Camaro project go down the road. I now have what I need to finish the Laguna. After all was said and done I kept all of my LS7 stuff and got what I needed. Now I have two engines. I have everything needed to install the LS7 into the Laguna. If I use the 496 I still need a bell housing and flywheel which are very expensive. So, I have decided to sell my newly built all forged 496 and go with installing the Corvette 427 into my car. Pretty pumped to say the least...
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Changed gears again. Back to the 496. I bought the bell housing, flywheel, and fuel system for the Guna. Now I need shocks, frame bushings, rims, and tires. After that I do believe I can start putting it back together. Stuck in Miami right now. It’s hot on the beach.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 am

Maybe that's why the guy that has that 496 on craigslist is not selling me his motor lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:Changed gears again. Back to the 496. I bought the bell housing, flywheel, and fuel system for the Guna.  Now I need shocks, frame bushings, rims, and tires. After that I do believe I can start putting it back together. Stuck in Miami right now. It’s hot on the beach.

Just missed you, I was there all last week. Be there again next month Cool
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:03 pm

It’s fun down here for sure. Hey Bill, I hear that guy on Craigslist is a jerk anyway. Just buy my LS7.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm

You're probably right! Let me see if I can rob a few banks before you get back and then we can make a deal on the LS7. Enjoy your time down in Miami! Let me know when you get back and start putting the beast back together. I need an excuse to get out of the "office" for a while and play with a real car project.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Hey.  I just put together my new gas tank with the 1/2" fuel pick up.  Got the 1/2" pick up tube assembly from McRobb.  Looks real trick.  I thought I would post a pic of it since you will never see it in the car.  Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4110
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iguy Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:23 am

Kevin that setup looks great, where is the gas tank from? I was looking at tanksinc since they are local but they don't make one for 73-77 Chevelle. Is that PN 1093 from RobbMc? They don't have a pic for it so it's hard to tell. What are you running for a fuel pump?
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 am

That setup looks beastly! I bet that thing can push more volume than a south Texas culvert during the rainy season!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Hey g3chevy.  The pick up is the item not pictured with the -8 AN fittings.  The fuel pump is the Holley HP 125 with filters.  It is rated at 700 NA/HP and has a built in regulator.  Here are a couple of more pics of my shocks and front end parts.  Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4111
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4113
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4112
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Christmas once again comes early at Revin Kevin's!!!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Old Saint Nick drives a Fed Ex truck in Houston. I guess 100 degrees is to hot for reindeer.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Hey.  I was able to install my shocks.  Rears only on top since there is no weight on the frame so I
don't want to fully extend them in place.  The front was "fun".  The Global West control arms have too small on orifice to get the shock in with the Compression and Rebound knobs.  So, break out the porting tool and did some slight adjustments (I love grinding on brand new parts) and I was able to get them in.  Then the new hardware would not fit so back to Lowes for some new grade 8 bolts.

url=https://servimg.com/view/18796152/172]Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4114[/url]

I also had a chance to order my wheels.  I bought the Foose Legend black 20x10 and 20x8.5 wheels.  I also picked up a set of tires from a guy I know.  They came off of a BMW X6.  They are tall but I have the same size on my 1986 C10 and they look like they will fit.  I am going to make them fit is a better way to put that.  They are Pirelli P ZERO run flat tires.  I won't be able to have a spare tire so I went this direction.  They are 275/40/20 front and 315/35/20 rear.  Just to break up the black and continue with my black and white theme I thought I would try my hand at painting the letters on the side wall.  Check it out...
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Legend10
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4115
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4116
[Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4118
Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4117
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Looking good! Love those wheels! I think those are the same style I had on my 75 Laguna except mine were chrome. Liked the wheels but didn't much care for the rubber band tires they came with. Can't believe you had to modify the lower control arms to make your shocks fit. You would think they would make them to accommodate most aftermarket shock upgrades. Or maybe they do that to encourage you to buy all your suspension parts from them. Anyways, can't wait to see your Laguna in action!

Where are you at picture - Page 8 Craigl10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Hey. My tires are going to be close to 3” taller than those. Send me a pic of those on you car please so I can look at the gap you had. Cheers.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Here's the pic with them on the car. This is with 2" drop springs on all four corners.
Wish I would have put bigger tires on them before I sold them so I'd had a better idea of the fitment on the next set I purchase.

Where are you at picture - Page 8 20160810
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Cool deal. My springs are 3/4” front and 0” in rear I think they said. I might need to borrow your “Fender Lip Roller” thing. I mocked everything up and they go right in. I might have a little plasma love on the front inner fenders but I am good with that. When are you coming out this way? We need to make a little YouTube vid for the G3 world.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Those size tires should fit good in your wheel wells. You probably won't need to roll your rear quarters unless you use spacers like I did. But the front fenders we'll probably have to roll for sure. My fox body buddy has the fender rolling tool so I'll hit him up for it tomorrow. Maybe I can take a day off this coming week and head down your way. Let me know what your schedule is.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4119
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Some fuel system work.  I had to make a cross brace to hold the pre filter and the pump.  I have all the brake lines run and I am almost finished with the fuel line.  I still have to mount the other filter.  After this I will go through and torque everything down and grease all of the fittings.  I have a big project for work that will take me away from the Laguna for about a month and a half.  After that it should be cool enough to do the frame swap.  

Where are you at picture - Page 8 Img_4120
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next