G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light Bulb Sizes

3 posters

Go down

Light Bulb Sizes Empty Light Bulb Sizes

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Hey. I am about to order all new LED lights for my car. So, if someone could chime in with the correct sizes for all the lights, including the license plate lights, I would greatly appreciate it. I have purchased the headlights, the Halogen version, already. I am re-wiring the entire car right now and I am going to add a relay kit for those. And, by the way, my car is a 1976 Laguna. Thanks.

Ok, here is what I have found so far. I am using Rock Auto as my source right now.
Front blinker-1157NALL Amber 2ea
Rear blinker-1157LL Clear 2ea
Tail lights-1157 2ea
Side markers-194 4ea
License plate light-194 and 168 2ea My sockets seem smaller than the side marker lights

Does all that seem correct?  Cheers.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Light Bulb Sizes Empty Re: Light Bulb Sizes

Post by Hawk03 Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Those should be the correct sizes. I have 1157 clear in my front and rear tail/brake lights. I have amber lenses in the front, not sure what color Lagunas are. I think the reverse lights are clear 1156. The license plate is 168 but the only difference between a 194 vs 168 is the 168 is supposed to be brighter. Not sure if it matters since LEDs are brighter anyway, below is a picture of my license plate lights. I think you will also need a grounded turn signal flasher, the below link is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/CEC-Industries-EF32RL-Flasher/dp/B00JXLH7CG

Light Bulb Sizes 20200417
Light Bulb Sizes 20200418
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Hey, thanks for the input. Lagunas have a clear lens in the front. I have the little resistors and I was about to wire those in. I was thinking that the reverse lights should be the 1156. I am going to place my order with Jegs in the morning. Cheers
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I forgot, I don't have LEDs in my front turn/parking lights. The rest of my lights have LEDs and I did not wire resisters and they work just fine. I think most of the new LEDs should be a direct install. I ordered mine through Amazon and Superbrightled.com.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:22 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey, thanks for the input. Lagunas have a clear lens in the front. I have the little resistors and I was about to wire those in. I was thinking that the reverse lights should be the 1156. I am going to place my order with Jegs in the morning. Cheers  

If you buy from superbrightleds.com, they will have the equivalents for all the lights you need, and the resistors are already built in, so you do not need to add anything yourself. Plug-n-play.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down