G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to remove rust in the interior

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

How to remove rust in the interior Empty How to remove rust in the interior

Post by lagunaman Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:47 pm

I pulled my headliner out because of bad condition . When I received the car the headliner was yellow in a lot of spots . So I decided to take it out and see why .The panel that hold the headliner up has some rust . The panel above that is caked with rust . No rust thru there just really rusty . Any recommendations on what to do there ? I don't want to install a new headliner and have the roof panel sweat and leak down .

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

How to remove rust in the interior Empty Re: How to remove rust in the interior

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:34 am

Rust incapsolutor from Eastwood would take care of that with good prob also paint

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 am

No one but you will see that once headliner is installed so watch a youtube video or 17 and do it your self just remember prob is the key

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:49 am

Id wipe it with Ospho and a red scotchbrite pad. Keep the area wet for a minute or two. Then rinse with plain water. Id do the areas one section at a time. Let dry. Then invest in a can of Spray Max 2k epoxy. Its about 25 bucks a spray can but well worth it if you dont have access to a spray gun with proper compressor. The Spraymax 2k has a button on the bottom of it. When your ready to use it, you hit the bottom of the can on a hard surface, it breads the internal cylinder and mixes the 2k epoxy. Shake well. Very good stuff!! Once mixed theres a short shelf life because epoxy is a chemical reaction. But if you put it in your fridge, it will last quite a bit longer.

Some info. http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?threads/how-to-neutralize-ospho.3973/

In autobody the trick is to treat with ospho then wash off. It does its job but you dont want ANY lingering chemicals on the surface prior to painting. You can paint over ospho but to get the best ashesion, Id wash it off. It will turn all the rust black.

Good luck with it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down