G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Bent Fuel Lines

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Bent Fuel Lines Empty Pre-Bent Fuel Lines

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:51 pm

I was looking at getting a pre-bent fuel line for my 350. This one is listed for 1971-72 GMC and Chev trucks with a 350 and a Q-jet. Would this not work with my '76 350 and a Q-jet on an Edlebrock Carb? Or am I better off to just make my own line?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/RSD-TPC7101
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Pre-Bent Fuel Lines Empty Re: Pre-Bent Fuel Lines

Post by jerry46765 Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:30 pm

I did a restoration on a 1970 LS6 454 with all the correct parts, and the fuel line to carb was a complete debacle. I bought the exact 'Right Stuff' brand carb to fuel pump line for this application, actually multiple lines were sent as at the end I think they were just guessing. I had a matching numbers engine with all the factory carb spacers for the cowl hood, the factory intake, carb, the three line fuel pump. Nothing they had was close to fitting.

In the end, I bought a fancy flaring tool and made exactly what was needed.

There are so many variations with different fuel pumps, accessory drives on the front of the engine, different intakes that fuel line routing can be similar but not exactly the same.

Summit does list a number of fuel lines for a '76 Malibu. I would try one specifically for your application since it is available. But remember, an aftermarket aluminum intake will have a different carb height and it won't fit. Good luck.

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Oh I just noticed Edelbrock carb, totally different from a quadrajet or a 2G so probably non of the premade lines will work.
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 pm

Thanks, it sounds like not a good option based on your experience.  I also had a typo in my original post.  I am going to run a Q-jet on an Edelbrock intake - not a Edelbrock carb.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:10 am

I buy my pre-bent lines from InLine Tube, never had an issue with fit.

https://www.inlinetube.com/
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Thanks, I totally forgot about inline tubing. They do have a fuel line specific to a 1976 Malibu with a 350 and a Q-jet, but it's not currently available. Oh well, I guess I will just make up my own line. I just find it tough to do the tight 90 degree turns like the factory lines.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 pm

I plugged in a 1975 - they should be the same. Shows they have CHE7302 in mild steel for $20 and SCHE7302 in stainless steel for $25. These are for a 350-4bbl
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Pre-Bent Fuel Lines Empty Fuel Line

Post by relic7680 Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:58 am

Original Parts group offers # CH22086 which is a reproduction hard line for '76-'77 350 4 barrel cars. HOWEVER, you will not be able to use an Edelbrock 2101 Performer intake with it, as the Edelbrock plenum height is approximately 1/2" taller than stock. I tried that and then went back to an OE GM iron intake. The line did take some tweaking. I also attempted to reproduce the compound curves of the OE line with various benders, but was not successful. Hope this gave you some insight.
relic7680
relic7680
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks for this info. From the sounds of it, the prebent line won't work for me. I have experience the same thing with trying to replicated the tight bends, which is why I wanted to get a prebent line. But I guess I will do my best and make up my own
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down