G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose.

2 posters

Go down

Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose. Empty Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose.

Post by Joe73 Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:32 am

Been doing some research on the U turn hose going from the metal fuel line on the chassis to the fuel pump on a small block. My factory line looks great with no cracking but I want a new one. Anyway, I current hose Im using requires a large U turn in it to assure Im not kinking the inner diameter. So Ive come up with a couple of solutions that might be able to help someone out.

Sidewinder hose has the SAE spec for ethanol, fuel, diesel, etc. So I considered it. You just cut the piece where you like and you will have plenty left over. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Molded-Fuel-Line-Rubber/dp/B07C8YTNPF/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sidewinder+hose&qid=1633444061&sr=8-4

Next is the Gates and Goodyear "flex coil" which I found on a camaro site. Its stainless and can be painted if you like. Just have to order the correct diameter to fit over the hose. It has a flat piece of metal welded on one side so it will retain its shape regardless of the bend angle with no change to the INNER DIAMETER. I went with this option. Reviews say it fits tight on the hose and to lube to hose to get it on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/141547426360?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Goodyear part number GY12UBP or Gates 28510. Both are for 1/2" ID hose.

Just fyi.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose. Empty Re: Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose.

Post by impalamonte Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am

Joe ,

Thanks for sharing. The "Sidewinder" hose is of particular interest to me ! I am sure I have a use !
This LS swap that I have performed is non-traditional and a section of this would make things "cleaner" in presentation.

Mark
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose. Empty Re: Fuel line to fuel pump U turn hose.

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:13 am

Cool, glad it will help you out.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down