1973 Chevelle SS, 350, 4spd. build

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Re: 1973 Chevelle SS, 350, 4spd. build

Post by Joe73 on Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 am

Havent posted in my BUILD THREAD in quite a while.  Havent really done anything with the car due to family matters.  Couple months ago I placed an order with Acme Headliner for my complete interior (front bench and rear seat).  I received the order and it looks great.  I wanted to get the back seat done so I can put it into storage and make sure the covers fit and look like they should.  I purchased the Acme headliner from Rockauto for cheap compared to other vendors.  It matches my original perfectly.  Acme produces some quality upholstery.  

The color difference from my original "neutral" interior compared to NEW is amazing.  I took the original covers off the upright and bottom of the back seat.  Installed the new covers and hog ringed it up.  Havent done this stuff in decades.  I'm real happy with the results and the quality of the Acme upholstery.  I do have a wrinkle in the lower corners of the uprights that I couldnt get out.  Right where the seat belts come out.  But I"m going to leave them in the sun for awhile since for everything to settle.  I dont intend on installing my interior anytime soon.  Then if it doesnt look right I'll pop the back out and let my buddy correct it.  Otherwise, I'm happy with it.  Planning on wrapping them in plastic and put them in storage.  In the last pic you can see the color difference between the original upholstery and the new.

Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: 1973 Chevelle SS, 350, 4spd. build

Post by clanceman427 on Sun May 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Looks fantastic Joe!
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15