G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

+34
Mcarlo77
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Iggy
Joe73
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
LSANTI76
zucchi
MaliCrusier / Mitch
Mitchell Murphy
77mali
1975 S3
bracketchev1221
Zaptiah
fasrnur
pila
73ss
thatfnthing
dhw3971
buggy5872
Roadcaptain S3
marx3
zot
crice63
clanceman427
dynchel
Damon23
DaveFury
Tom77
SSTOOLMAN
knightfan26917
Hs1973
jerry46765
tropdeprojet
74 beast
38 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:57 pm

jerry46765 wrote:Looks pretty good.  

How is this one optioned in comparison to the black one?  

Two barrel - 350?

Get driving it so you and the family can enjoy it.

Thanks -

Jerry

Only thing I have to do is the floor pans ( he passed before he got to them) and No not a 350 its a 305 even title states a 305 in vin it runs so good though I am NOT going to mess with it even has dual exhaust and sounds dam good for a 46605 Mile car Has A/C, cruise, tilt, standard windows and locks
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by DaveFury Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 am

Nice score SE. Good to see it's home now. Thumbs up

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Thank you for the offer, but im from Copenhagen Denmark. And the freight plus taxes would kill me. I was close to purchase a complete set of NOS mouldings all 4 fenderlip mouldings and the wide moulding in the bottom of the body. It was a member in here, he was asking 1500 dollars for all brand new. But freight and taxes to my door would be close to 2000 dollars plus the 1500, thats a bit steap.

But luck would have that a buddy has 2 complete set i can steal for cheap.

It looks like a Nice easy projekt so i hope you have that Road rocket painted and ready soon. I enjoy watching other guys build storys.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Well been raining for three four days off and on I couldn't do anything inside the car because the inside of the car  would get soaked so I pulled the tail lights off and finish them got that out of the way
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 14580510
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 Img_2050
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Well got the Mini Quarry from Under the hood Kinda cleaned up, Then cleaned the Red 4 spoke steering wheel for when I switch the bad tilt out for the one that was included with the car.
Progress is Progress right ?

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 19241110

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12472310

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 10402510

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12524310

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 10426810

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 19361010

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12802810

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 19155910
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:39 am

I'd take a look at these. Good reads on tilt columns.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ck_Rebuild.pdf

http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...oval-pics.html

You can fix the one that came with the car.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:17 am

Joe73 wrote:I'd take a look at these.  Good reads on tilt columns.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ck_Rebuild.pdf<== Not Found

The requested URL /w...ck_Rebuild.pdf was not found on this server.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...oval-pics.html <<==== The requested page was not found.
Click here to return to the homepage or try searching for the content you're looking for.

You can fix the one that came with the car.  
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:19 am

Google this " jazzman steering column " If you cant find the pdf. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:16 am

found it Joe Thanks

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Progress IS good ... looks right at home!

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 79 CC to 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis?!
"Never compromise what's right" __ Aaron Tippin __ 'You've Got To Stand For Something (Or You'll Fall For Anything)'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Thanks Cort means alot Brother..........

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Well the high wind gust's have limited my Shed assembly progress and with the Looming Thunderstorm's I couldn't start on interior either. So I decided to start the Transformation of the Ugliest GM engine color ever used GM coorperate Blue, Thank You John AKA Dynchel for the cover's.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 6147_110
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 10347410
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12108010

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:31 am

Ok was messing around today between the Ice, rain and Mother Nature B.S. Verified true Western 8.5" wide Wheel's and also Have the 11" brakes in rear already HMMM.... Has dual exhaust also, Don't know about dual exhaust trans member or not yet Have to replace windshield soon its leaking when it rains, It is bad enough to get the Carpet wet every time, But I have floor pans already that are needed and everything else needed for floor's

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 10931010
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12928210
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12928310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12670610
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12936510
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12919810
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12919910
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12923210
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12923310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 2 12717910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 am

Did you definitely find the place where the windshield is leaking?? If not, I'd pull the cowl screen and check the bottom of the cowl. If dirts been laying in there the bottom could be rotted and water drops right onto the tranny hump and rolls down to the floor. Just a thought.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:11 am

yup coming in right hand side Upper corner of it I can see where its coming in when it raining, Cowl screen is Clear no leave's no dirt. Which is Surprising for how much dirt an gravel dust is inside of car I doubt this car has ever been Vacuumed at all ever

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:51 am

I'd still pop the cowl screen out. With all the dust your talking about it could be caked up in the cowl. Dirt and dust goes easily through the screen.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Mine was rotted out in the passenger side. There is a heater duct that goes into the Cowl area. And it was leaking Real bad and was  rustet round that plastic duct. It was a pain to fix, and i means you need to remove the heater box and surroundings. That means the complete istrument out with Glove box etc. Also the windshield and the top of the Cowl needs to be drilled out and rewelded back after repairs. Also the hood and the right fender needs to be removed. But now, no more water on the floors. Also i did not use caulk but modern glue to put the Windows back in. It is not seen when the moldings are put back. But it holds up alot better. Also the Windows are 100% leak free.

In the ends of the Cowl are 2 large holes where water and dirt runs out. One mine there was a rubber flab that i dont know why is there, because it prohibits dirt and leaves from running out with the water, and so i traps it and keep tha area moist. So i removed them and sprayede the whole Cowl with por 15 and 2 layers of paint and then rustolium.

It is the worst area that you cant even see or clean Real good. I have also glued some clear film on the back of the Cowl screen. And i have closed all small holes with rubber plus. To keep water out when i wash it.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:30 pm

I agree iwth hs1973. I've quite a few cowls rotted out. If I remember correctly, my buddy welded in new metal to the bottom of the cowl by removing the dash board. Then you can get to the bottom of the cowl for repairs. If I'm remembering right.
My buddy also thought it was a windshield leak.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:15 pm

I have seen the Leak though, Sorry for The confusion but have seen where its Leaking not just word of mouth from old owner LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:55 pm

New rims & tires look great. The turbine wheels were part of the SE package? Surprised to see 8.5 inch. Big for 77.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:25 pm

Thanks Will prob Only run when I go to Track with Buddies for fun Sure aint gonna break 17 seconds with a 305 2v LMAO

And yea all the SE's came with them 8.5" wide and 60 series tires

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 am

If it is only the windshield leaking you are lucky. It is usually because the old caulk is dryed out and cant adhere to the glass and the window frame. Its an easy fix though. As long as you dont Fall for the urge to aply silikone based sealer around the glass, to try and stop the leak. It wont stop it and the you have alot of trouble with paint later. Also the silikone is hard to remove completely, and nothing sticks to it.

I always remove and clean the frame and glass Real good. Then i paint the edge of the glass with a Black glass primer. When its dry, i glue the glass back in with a modern glass glue. It always works and is leak free. It also looks Nice.

Im sure you already know all of this, im just a blappermouth. Lol anyways im happy you where just making aprils fool. And im looking forward to see it done.

Regards henrik
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Hs1973 wrote: I always remove and clean the frame and glass Real good. Then i paint the edge of the glass with a Black glass primer. When its dry, i glue the glass back in with a modern glass glue. It always works and is leak free. It also looks Nice.

Im sure you already know all of this, im just a blappermouth. Lol anyways im happy you where just making aprils fool. And im looking forward to see it done.

Regards henrik

The Glass is also Cracked all the way across so When I replace the glass I will clean and repair any damage I find in the channel in that Time, And thanks for the Tip painting the side I just learned of this trick a few years ago while watching Blue Collar Buick build on Horsepower TV also Learned how to Repair the Dash with this Show also, But any shared Knowledge is always good Henrick Thank you Anthony

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:29 pm

You are welcome. I have been into old cars the last 35 years. So i have learned alot the hard Way. I dont want anyone to Think i am a know it all. But there is no reason You all need to learn it that Way. Im happy to share. I am a professionel bodyman and do accident repairs as a liwing. The old us cars are only done on the side. But some of the modern tecniqes can also be used on the old cars. Also some oldschool can be used on moderne cars, although there is not alot of metal left in them. Its more plastic now.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:33 pm

PS im kicking myself as i gave away a set of wheels like that 15 years ago. Back then they was not cool. Now im thinking Real hard about making a clone of a SE in Dark red candy with the correct stribes and spoilers. But without the wheels its not complete. And as you now its hard to find some correct ones. 15 years ago they where everywhere. Now all gone
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next