G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr...

4 posters

Go down

Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr... Empty Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr...

Post by Daves'77 BU Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:17 pm

So...who makes the best rubber products as far as fit and finish, there's a few out there and I dont want to get stuck with ill fitting seals that will leak...thanks...

Dave
Daves'77 BU
Daves'77 BU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr... Empty Re: Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr...

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 pm

According to many, the most problematic seals can be the Roof Rail weatherstrips. Inconsistency of fit and conformity seems to be what makes buying aftermarket a gamble. Personally, I've gone with NOS...but obviously, they are more expensive and harder to find.

I did purchase a trunk seal from Metro Moulded and am happy with that. Don't think the lower door seals are as critical and will probably go with Metro for those as well when I get around to replacing them.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr... Empty Re: Rubber products for 73 Guna 2 dr...

Post by 73ss Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 am

I used the metro on the lower door seal some years ago, holding up well. Used their tail light gaskets for a 73 this past week. They fit great. Material is more squishy then the originals.

I have a 10% coupon for metro on-line orders, expires July 31. Anyone wants it send a pm.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 pm

I used a mix of brands on my Malibu & Elco, like Sofseal etc and some NOS GM stuff.  A place I see mentioned is Steelrubber, or a name like that, on the El Camino forum.  Don't know anything about them though. Question

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down