G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restorer needed

+2
Lovett
JB2wheeler
6 posters

Go down

Restorer needed Empty Restorer needed

Post by Lovett Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:49 pm

So I've been thinking of this for a while and have decided to post here first since we're all enthusiasts of these cars. Over the years I've been lucky and collected five 1973 SS big block Chevelles with the idea of restoring them. Only one is almost done and I doubt if I'll ever finish the others if it's only me doing the work. The goal is to put them back to original condition since they all have the original VIN stamped blocks, and at least 2 have the VIN stamped transmission. Here's the current status;
A) Bench seat automatic car with build sheet 90% restored
B) Bucket seat 4 speed car, drove it some, dash is out, needs complete resto, frame is good but body has issues
C) Bench seat 4 speed car, all numbers matching, never tried to start it, good frame with body issues, needs resto
D) Bucket seat automatic car, all original down to the spark plug wires, however some yahoo installed a moon roof
E) Bucket seat 4 speed car, Canadian built with paper work, needs frame work and lots of body work, only considering it because of the documents.
F-Y) 4 Donor cars, several pieces of NOS sheet metal, years of NOS and OEM parts.
Z) 1973 Buick Century Stage 1, one owner original paperwork and a donor car with near perfect interior.

Work area is a 5000 sq ft metal building w 18' ceiling, tools include, model DB 800 Dustless Blasting sandblaster,
bead blaster with 8' cabinet, Factory made rotisserie with bearings and hydraulic jacks, large air compressor, Miller TIG and wire feed welders, floor jack, jack stands, creepers, and hand tools. Also have all the 1973 factory manuals and some kent-moor tools.

Currently there is not a lift but would consider purchasing one and no body working equipment.
Location is Homestead, FL 30 miles south of Miami, best weather is October thru March unless you love heat and humidity (I don't) but it beats the cold and snow.
If anyone is interested I would consider your ideas, could be a set price, weekly salary, hourly rate, trades, etc, send me a PM or reply to richard@lovettirrigation.com

Lovett
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Restorer needed Empty Re: Restorer needed

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Fantastic! So, what exactly do you want? Someone to work on your cars for pay? Are you trying to sell your collection? I have one suggestion, if you go to a local car club you may be able to hire some talented and trusty youths to help you do the routine and time consuming work, such as sanding down the bondo after you weld in replacement body panels, etc. It would be good for kids to have a paid hobby to keep them out of trouble. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovett Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:51 pm

I don't want to sell, I want the cars restored to original. I tried the local high school where I took auto shop when these cars were new, explained everything to the teacher, asked for his best student. Kid couldn't stay off the cell phone, had to be constantly supervised, had another older guy here explained everything to him, he's in the office every hour asking where is this bolt, tool, part? Most of the time right where he left it when he was talking to the girlfriend on his phone and my time. I run a business and have to deal with daily operations, that's why I want someone that likes, understands and appreciates  the cars and doesn't need babysitting. I'm a fair person and treat all my employees fairly, I just want the job done right and will pay accordingly.

Lovett
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Man I wished I was In FLorida right now, I would be glad to help with what I could

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:16 am

Sounds like a sweat deal for someone talented.

I actually had a job like that once. My boss had over 50 musclecars that needed restoring, some needed alot some less. He had a School for students that had problems of every kind. So i had 2 students at a time in the garage working to restore the cars. It was wery frustrating work. These kids only had Their phone and goofin of in mind. Everything related to hard work was not interesting.

I had kids 2 days a week and the rest i just worked on the projekts myself all alone having a blast. Unfortunatly he ran out of money and the School closed. I still work on his cars when he has funds to do so, but i now work at a normal body shop doing collision work on normal boring cars. Anyways we Got 5 cars done and sold over a periode of 5 years, which is ok in my book. That was the best job ever. Also we saved a couple of kids from ending in crime and on the street.

So i hope you find a guy that can appreciate the opertunity. I myself is in Europe so im not a candidate but i sure wish i could be.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 am

Ever thought about contacting UTI, Wyotech or some of the other schools? That would be a sweet gig for someone just out of their program. Other than that, check out clubs like mentioned and see what happens. Good luck.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Oh my ... sounds like a sweet opportunity for the right person....

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"No one's there to talk or understand" __ Sugar Ray __ 'Falls Apart'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down