G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to...

+6
Joe73
ant7377
Mcarlo77
Damon23
fasrnur
Roadcaptain S3
10 posters

Go down

G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to... Empty G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to...

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Mcarlo77 aka Steve.

I needed a decent back bumper for my car. I posted up here that I was looking for it. This dude goes out into the wilds of Minnesota and find several candidates and PMs pics for me to pick one.

THEN the guy goes out with a set of wrenches, crawls around in the mud and weeds on a really HOT day, removes the bumper parts (both inner and outer), hauls them home, boxes 'em up and ships them to me. These things are HUGE weigh a **** ton and I have NO idea how much time all of this took.

Then he tries to practically give them to me.

I can't say enough about what a great guy he is. Hard to believe this man would go to so much trouble just to help out a guy he's never met.

If I could send him a medal or buy him a few cases of beer, I would.

But a little public(ish) praise will have to do.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could give him an E-pat on the back too.

Thanks again Steve. Beer Clapp
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to... Empty Re: G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to...

Post by fasrnur Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:18 pm

I tip my hat to Steve also for the work he did for you. I know, living in Minnesota too, that it's not easy finding good bumpers or any part that's not rusted beyond being able to be used.

Great job Steve!
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to... Empty Re: G3GM Above and Beyond Award goes to...

Post by Damon23 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 pm

The things car people do. Especially only know someone by a screen name and a picture of a car. There is a ton more generosity out there than there is selfishness. Only thing is generosity does not sell. Thumbs up to Mcarlo77

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 pm

I doubt that I'm deserving of all this...but, it's nice to know the effort is appreciated. Keeps me motivated to continue helping you guys who don't have the time or resources at hand to find the parts needed to keep these cars on the road and looking good. Long live the G3's!!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:42 am

I agree,Steve is the man! Knows all the little details between the a body brands and digs right in! Thanks Steve!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:55 am

I agree as well. I've seen his posts numerous times offering to go "dig in" and grab some parts from the yards. As he did for me just this week for my door latch mechanism.

THANKS STEVE !!!! It is appreciated.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I doubt that I'm deserving of all this...but, it's nice to know the effort is appreciated.  Keeps me motivated to continue helping you guys who don't have the time or resources at hand to find the parts needed to keep these cars on the road and looking good.  Long live the G3's!!

I would say you DO deserve it and for any newbies- Steve is also very trustworthy.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:28 pm

This is indeed true. In fact I was going to give him a shout out a while back. He sold me great interior pieces for an El Camino I'm helping a young friend on and a dash for myself. Both priced reasonable and packaged with a lot of care. Tip of the hat to you my friend.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 pm

I couldn't agree more ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Way to go Steve! Its you and other members here that make this site what it is. You're a stand up guy!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down