G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Identify a part and where do I buy it

4 posters

Go down

Identify a part and where do I buy it Empty Identify a part and where do I buy it

Post by chuckII Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Ok I've googled but I don't know what the part is called
It's the piece that keeps the window "bolted" in place so it dosent tip inside the car when you roll the window up its plastic has a bolt with a spring on it a couple plastic washers and a round metal nut

Mine has been broken since I've owned it but I haven't started driving it yet .. I've gotten it ready to drive and I need to fix this so the window will roll up and down
I hope this make sense

Thanks

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Identify a part and where do I buy it Empty Re: Identify a part and where do I buy it

Post by Joe73 Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 am

Bolt with a spring? Can you post a pic?
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Identify a part and where do I buy it Empty Re: Identify a part and where do I buy it

Post by chuckII Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 am

Identify a part and where do I buy it Img_0411
It looks like this setup it's at the bottom of the window except the part on the right has like a coil spring on it ..

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by chuckII Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:27 am

It runs in a channel vertically and bolts thru the bottom of the window near the center to keep the window from "flopping" around if that helps I've typed window roller into every chevelle and malibu website I know of and no one has one that looks like mine so I'm not sure if that's the right name or what

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by chuckII Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:00 am

Identify a part and where do I buy it Img_0412
This is the broken part

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Looks like part of the stud broke off?

You're not going to find these aftermarket. Used is the only way. I've got one if you don't have access to a junk yard...but, not giving it away. They are usually a p.i.t.a. to remove...even after the time required to remove the glass from the door. There is a special tool available that grabs the flat nut...but, even then, the nut is usually rusted tight and the tabs on the tool keep popping out of the shallow slots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-81-GM-window-roller-nut-tool-Corvette-Camaro-Chevelle-GTO-Skylark-Firebird-/200910622942?hash=item2ec734d0de:g:EFUAAOxyd5tRzefK&vxp=mtr

Be careful with this as that tempered glass can explode on you if stressed just right (especially, along the edges). You'll wish you had strapped on a Depends if that happens...trust me. LOL!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by chuckII Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:44 pm

Yeah I've busted windows before not fun .. I'm gonna try welding some threaded rod on it

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by chuckII Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:53 pm

So I wound up using a bolt I had cut it to length used a old spring off a drum brake because when I put a grinder on the broken stud end it all came apart I guess from the heat .. I ground the head of a bolt down and slipped it in from the back side of the roller put it all back together works great so far.. we'll see how it holds up

chuckII
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Identify a part and where do I buy it Image13
Identify a part and where do I buy it Image14
Sorry I got in on this late. I hope your fix works out. Just in case you still need a picture.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down