G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body Mounts: Which Supplier?

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Body Mounts: Which Supplier? Empty Body Mounts: Which Supplier?

Post by BBMALIBU Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:03 pm

All,

Sorry that I haven't been on in a while. Just very busy lately.

I am going to replace all the body mounts on my 1976 Malibu.

From what I have read here at G3GM, the 72 Chevelle Convertible body mount kit is the way to go.
Because it includes everything, including hardware.

So my question is.....Which Supplier?.........The Parts Place, OPG, GroundUp, etc...........
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Body Mounts: Which Supplier? Empty Re: Body Mounts: Which Supplier?

Post by wbaker01 Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:39 pm

I bought my bushing kit from Jegs (stuck with the 73 kit) and then sourced grade 8 bolts/nuts locally. Had to search online for what I thought was the correct size washers (probably could have cleaned up the old ones in hindsight). Probably spent way more than I want to know before all was said and done.

So, not the answer you are looking for but I was apprehensive about retrofitting a kit for another year onto my car.

Invest in some PB Blaster as well!

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm

I bought my bushing kit for elco from Partsplaceinc (p/n HB2132Z). I think it's a general kit for this platform because I have several bushings not used (1 or 2 pairs), may be wagon has more items. But this kit doesn't include radiator support bushings so they sell them separately.

The only problem was that in bushing hardware kit (p/n HB3020Z) bolts were shorter than my stock ones and it didn't give me any chance to fit nuts on them. So I don't know what for these bolts are manufactured. I told about this to salesman and after several weeks they sent me longer bolts overseas for free! Great work, I'm very pleased!

Haha, remembered during typing this story above that guy from TCI refused to send me 3 little trans to converter bolts overseas for free because there were not supplied with converter but must be.
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down