G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turn signal cancel cam

Go down

turn signal cancel cam Empty turn signal cancel cam

Post by pila on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:33 pm

My horn hasn't worked since I assembled the Elco. So while catching up on all the little items on my squawk list, I started checking why the horn didn't work. Turned out that the turn signal cancel cam was broke, and the slip ring for the horn contact was bad.
Anyway, I was looking in my catalogs for a new cancel cam. Found one in the OPGI catalog, but not in the others I have laying around. OPGI had one ( tilt column) for $28.99 !!! wow !
You folks who have bought from them may have had experience like I did, when the insurance they tack on costs more than the part !
After thinking about all this, I decided to check locally for a new cam. Surprise !! Very Happy Oreilly Auto Parts had two in stock !!
Made by Dorman, who has been around, like forever !(p/n 38232) and it cost me $6.38 out the door ! It fits tilt columns '67 through '77, and likely other G3 steering columns..
Just a heads up about looking local before getting raped by some of the popular suppliers......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

turn signal cancel cam Empty Re: turn signal cancel cam

Post by Joe73 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 am

Nice find. I like dorman products. They even carry speed bleeders like Russel makes. I like installing them for ease of bleeding. Good luck with it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 79

Back to top Go down