G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear tire rollers

4 posters

Go down

Rear tire rollers Empty Rear tire rollers

Post by Joe73 Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Yesterday I stumbled upon a guy selling some 275/60r15 tires.  Took a look at them and they were real clean.  Made a deal for $25 for the pair.  I just wanted them for "rollers" since I still have some 3/4" ply tires out back and they are getting flat spots.  LOL.    And tires would work much better with my car dollies to move the car.  I decided to mount them on my 8" centerline auto drags.  

I first came up with a way to mount my manual tire changer securely to the ground.  My lift weighs in at 1500 pounds and has a nice square that would hold it secure from the bottom.  So I made up an X out of some 4x4 lumber, cut the ends to an arrow point to fit in the corners and mounted the changer to it.  Raised the lift a bit, set it in and lowered the lift.  Perfect fit and rock solid.  

I mounted up the tires and put them on the car.  Also wanted to see how she sits with the new suspension anyway.  Car sits level but theres still no engine in it.  So it should have a slight rake when done.    

Real happy with the setup.  When the time comes, I have two models of tires in mind when the time comes for permanent rubber out back. I already put brand new fronts on, 205/75r15 on 5.5" Auto drags.  They actually come in with a narrower section width then my 3.5" auto drags I removed.  So they appear skinnier.  

Some pics.
Rear tire rollers Rear_r10
Rear tire rollers Rear_r11
Rear tire rollers Rear_r12
Rear tire rollers Rear_r13
Rear tire rollers Rear_r14
Rear tire rollers Rear_r15
Rear tire rollers Rear_r16
Rear tire rollers Tire_c10
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Rear tire rollers Empty Re: Rear tire rollers

Post by clanceman427 Sun May 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Joe looks awesome can't wait to see more of your car!
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 pm

You appear to be a man that uses his head to figure things out for things you don't need to buy Joe. My hat's off to you. Thumbs up
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun May 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks guys. I can honestly say that I've never had a car in a shop except for a wheel alignment. Since I dong have an alignment machine. Ive done everything on all my cars that Ive owned. Rebuild and install everything. And do all my own bodywork.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Mon May 29, 2017 3:01 pm

I respect that you do everything your self but what I will say, I will never do my own body work again lol. Not fun to me but I did learn a lot
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down