G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bugs trying plastic dip

3 posters

Go down

Bugs trying plastic dip Empty Bugs trying plastic dip

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm

After last trip to All out call out in IL im trying some plastic dip on the front bumper and header panel on my 73. Next week a friends family and myself and wife are staring route 66 in Joliet IL. We will drive it slow and see or stop at what ever we want to look at for a week. Then next time pick up where we left off.

The bugs are such a pain i thought I would try plastic dip spray on the front end. I have it on my lower rear quarters for the past 3 years and its still staying on and gives a slight cushion for the paint wit rock chips. I did swap it out ounce after  large burnt out and it peeled right off fine.  I don't plan to clean off any bugs on front end tell we get home unless AC condenser fills up with them again I'll clean that out.

On a side note I ran low so made a trip to hardware store this morning and they have a glossfyer spray its way thinner and ran a little buts its much better looking than the flat dull finish.

Bugs trying plastic dip Img_7210

Bugs trying plastic dip Img_7211
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Bugs trying plastic dip Empty Re: Bugs trying plastic dip

Post by Damon23 Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Are you spraying it out of a can or did you buy the powder? I first used plasti dip on the wheels of the Challenger when we got it. Since I've done a bunch with it. I have a can of the glossifier but never used it. That turned out really good on your car.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:18 pm

That's a Great Idea Wally and why No one Thought it Before now is beyond me !

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Damon23 wrote:Are you spraying it out of a can or did you buy the powder? I first used plastic dip on the wheels of the Challenger when we got it. Since I've done a bunch with it. I have a can of the glossyfier but never used it. That turned out really good on your car.

Spray cans. I had one 1/2 full on hand so ran to hardware store to get two more and saw the gloss enhancer one so bought it. I can say the gloss one takes forever to dry compared to the regular stuff. I got 5 coats on 4 regular one one top coat of gloss. The gloss is like water so its easy to get runs in it.

I did not do the grill its self as that's a lot of checker board to get full coverage and did not want over spray on condenser.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Limey SE wrote:That's a Great Idea Wally and why No one Thought it Before now is beyond me !

This will be a good test for it. A week of driving in mid summer
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down