G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by BAS-Sr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 am

Who has experience with the GM clocks in these '73-'77's?
I have played with them before, some successfully, some not as much. I took the clock out of the '76 Laguna, put 12v and the points opened up the movement, just does not want to stay running. seems like it needs a good cleaning and maybe lubrication?
Anyone know enough about these to suggest a cleaner and lubricant?

I have looked around for aftermarket ones for these, does not seem like anyone makes them? I bought a very nice aftermarket quartz movement one for my '72 el Camino, works great. Wish I could find one like that for this '76?
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Re: Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 am

Good morning- I saw your post for the 73/77 clocks. I have an excellent source for the restoration of clocks and AMFM 8 track GM restoration. His name is Joe Sciarrino 225 Granada parkway Lindenhurst New York 11757. His email is curlyfries3446@hotmail.com He has done 2 AM/FM 8tracks for me and working on a third. These look NOS and beautiful when done, and work as they should. These clocks when new from GM were never that reliable to start with, I have one NOS one for the 73/74 cars-they numerable "TYPE" on the 75-77's are bolder in appearance but will work. Hope this helps you, Joe has helped me-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Re: Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by BAS-Sr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks Mitch! If I don't get any results with this post, I will get in touch with Joe!
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am

They are not bad to open up and clean and lube yourself. I did with help from this site. Do a search for my thread named “ I think I need my clock cleaned”
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm

clanceman427 wrote:They are not bad to open up and clean and lube yourself.  I did with help from this site.  Do a search for my thread named “ I think I need my clock cleaned”

Thanks, interesting thread.

Still did not really find out what you guys used to lubricate these clocks?

One thing I have done is to file the contacts a bit with a very small jewelers file, seems to help the contacts open a bit farther since you get a better contact (electrical EXPLOSION!).
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Just spray the inner workings with wd40
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down