G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAP TAP this thing on

+9
Dinomyte
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
Joe73
76 Malibu
ant7377
Hawk03
FumiyoG3
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TAP TAP this thing on  Empty TAP TAP this thing on

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:21 pm

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Where is everyone ?????
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

TAP TAP this thing on  Empty Re: TAP TAP this thing on

Post by bigredlaguna Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 pm

On Facebook.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Should be a lot more here with as Many members as we Have

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:22 am

This is the concern I brought up on here several months ago.  Many of us who have been on here for years are realizing just how little "chatter" there is these days...and, it appears it can be attributed to Facebook.  So, if everyone now thinks Facebook is the be all to end all, then perhaps it's time to bid a fond farewell to what was once a thriving and informative forum?  Sad to say, but it's going to take more than a very small handful of faithful contributing members to keep this forum interesting and alive.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:07 am

I agree and Vow to try and help bring More traffic back here

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:10 am

Well, I for one am going to stick with this as long as it's here, and I generally check it a couple times a day. It's a little spottier on weekends, as I'm usually absorbed in one of my reno projects.

I detest both FB and my phone, so that ain't for me.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am

Limey SE wrote:I agree and Vow to try and help bring More traffic back here

And I know I should try doing that more myself.  I know a guy in Traverse City, MI with a 75 S3 and I've been harping on him whenever I see him to come and join here, and there's recently been a G3 Malibu more-door parked daily in the Autozone parking lot I pass by en route to work -- I should stop in and meet and recommend this place.  I'm pretty sure Bitterfitter and I are the only 2 here from this neck of the woods, so he/she might be interested to learn of a group of like-minded souls.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:22 am

thatfnthing wrote:Well, I for one am going to stick with this as long as it's here, and I generally check it a couple times a day.  It's a little spottier on weekends, as I'm usually absorbed in one of my reno projects.

Me too. I check on here several times a day. I also check facebook several times a day but tend not to post much there. I find that alot of people just refuse to use the search feature, so same questions over and over.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:43 am

Agreed Joe ….Its the same ol same ol Posts I am approving on the facebook also nothing Changes How many Front end shots of the car can you post, I get it your proud of your Car as you can be, But get out and drive it somewhere go to a show a cars and coffee something other than the same ol yard shot

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:47 am

Limey SE wrote:Agreed Joe ….Its the same ol same ol Posts I am approving on the facebook also nothing Changes How many Front end shots of the car can you post,  I get it your proud of your Car as you can be, But get out and drive it somewhere go to a show a cars and coffee something other than the same ol yard shot  

Exactly !!!! Thumbs up
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Joe73 wrote: I find that alot of people just refuse to use the search feature, so same questions over and over.

I can see both sides of that.  On the one hand, if you're new you should be willing to dig through the old stuff to find things out, and you may even learn something else along the way.  If you're serious, you should be willing to put in some work.  You should even be doing it when you AREN'T looking for something specific Just 'cuz it's interesting.

On the other hand, there's a TON of old stuff to dig through, and you may spend hours (or even days) doing it and not even find the answer to your Q.  I get where if a simple question can be answered by the group in 5 minutes, it saves a lot of time.  Sometimes you even might think it's a 5-minute question, but you don't realize it'll open a can of worms.  You don't know what you don't know.  Further, a lot of us can fairly easily locate the exact thread where we answered that question already, and simply give them a link to it.  That saves them time also.

Lastly, even if it's a question or topic we've covered to death, it gets us talking again, and isn't that what we're after?

Last edited by thatfnthing on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 pm

yes sir Thatfnthing !!!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Quote: Lastly, even if it's a question or topic we've covered to death, it gets us talking again, and isn't that what we're after?

In my case, I sometimes think I've forgotten more than I remember and it refreshes the 'ol memory. Sucks to get old...lol!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Yes Man I hear ya Steve I actually forgot about the other post about the crickets Here a few months ago LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Ha...welcome to my reality, Anthony!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:59 pm

thatfnthing wrote:Well, I for one am going to stick with this as long as it's here, and I generally check it a couple times a day.  It's a little spottier on weekends, as I'm usually absorbed in one of my reno projects.

AGREE 100% about Farce-book, lots of attention starved people usually pretending to be something they're not.  I haven't used my FB ever since my kids grew up and I stopped checking on what they were posting. I have never visited the FB forum and do not plan to.  I'll stick with G3GM any day of the week (usually hit it every day to check out the posts).
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 pm

I try to check as often as I can. I've had to spend the most of the last four month traveling to and from Miami for work so I haven't had as much time to review and post here. I decided that during Memorial day weekend that I would paint our kitchen cabinets in our garage and that project is still on going. Unfortunately, my car has been under a sheet of plastic since then to protect from the paint. Having to travel for work has really cut down my time I have been able to spend on my car. I was hoping to have worked on the electrical, cut/buff, paint/install dash and install rear coil overs by now. If it wasn't so hot here this weekend I could finish the cabinets and free up the garage. If its not too hot, its too cold.

I don't visit the other social media site, it is so much easier to gain knowledge and ask/answer questions here. Hopefully, I will be able to get on here more in a few weeks.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Welcome Back Sir Good to see ya Posting

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm

It's easier to use the forum. It's more personable too and you make friends. I never would of known Joe and he lives 15 miles away from me if not for this forum.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:53 pm

ant7377 wrote:It's easier to use the forum. It's more personable too and you make friends. I never would of known Joe and he lives 15 miles away from me if not for this forum.

Thumbs up Thumbs up
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:42 pm

Part of the lack of activity might be that it's summer time. I haven't had much time to spend on the computer because summer is the busiest time of the year for me.

I admit that I have been more of a lurker than a poster. Now that I have my Malibu back on the road, I have been spending a lot more time here. I personally don't like FB at all, and hope that this forum continues. I will make more of an effort to participate.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Oh as far as I know thru BlackchevelleSS says this place has enough to stay afloat for quite some Time so far we have Been here 11 years and come hell or High water I will do my best to help it stay for another 20 years

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:14 pm

[quote="76 Malibu"]Part of the lack of activity might be that it's summer time.

I wish it were that simple.  But, when I brought this issue up last March, it was suggested that the lack of participation was partially due to the winter doldrums and inactivity on working on cars.  I think the real answer lies in broadening the topics that members can participate in.  It doesn't all have to be about a problem someone is having with their car.  I am a frequent follower of V8buick forum just because it is so active. Granted, they appeal to a much broader base...but, if you look at their subjects of discussion, there is a wide variety for which most anyone can join in and share if they want.  They appear to have tapped into something that keeps their members loyal to the site.  

As for G3, the most unfortunate thing of all are the new members who, once the initial greetings are posted, are never heard from again.  Obviously, something is lacking that keeps them from being regulars on here.  Hopefully, we can regenerate the interest we once had among members and make this forum great again!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Perhaps when we see redundant questions on FB, we could link relevant threads on this site in an answer. As far as active topics, I haven't worked on my cars for a bit, so no updates for those yet, but I do like to read and discuss ideas and theory.

FB is great for finding parts, but when someone presents a problem they don't know how to deal with, I'm kinda like, I've already answered this xx times.

Would splitting the tech section into more specific areas of the hobby help? Like dedicated drag racing, road course, low rider and yes, even donk. Like it or not they are helping keep the G3 platform alive and deserve a place to post up info without the haters.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:51 am

bigredlaguna wrote:Like it or not they are helping keep the G3 platform alive and deserve a place to post up info without the haters.

That's fair. I can stop griping about stuff I don't like and help out.

I reserve the right to still make fun of someone who asks a half million dollars for an SE, though. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next