G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road!

+4
Limey SE
thatfnthing
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
MaliCrusier / Mitch
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 Empty Re: My once stolen Chevelle back on the road!

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 pm

And now i leave you with the cuteness of my oldest and a baby burrito lol!

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20191214
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20191215
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20191216
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 Empty Re: My once stolen Chevelle back on the road!

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 am

AWWWWWW SO cute Yea Yu are To Mitch LMAO Didnt want ya to have Hurt feelings LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:06 am

No hurt feelings here, i already know my wife and kids make me look ugly by comparison lol
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:21 am

NO NO I said you were Cute Man come on LMAO Mali Brother Come on

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:22 am

PLus wifey wasnt in Picture TOUCHE'

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:30 am

MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:40 am

Sounds Great Mali !!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Currently out of town for a few months. Have a great view feom my hotel window though!

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200111
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Found my tie rods were trashed as well as my center link. So i ordered some parts replaced them right there in the hotel parking lot, took a couple of tries to get the alignment close enough to drive it to an alignment shop lol.My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200114
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200113
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200112
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 am

Makeing more progress on the Chevelle. Odered a whole new top end so now i'm tearing down  and cleaning up. Found some cool things while i was at it. Pistons are 30 over, cylinders still have some cross hatching, and has a double roller timing chain with little to no slack.

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200411
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200410
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200412

Last edited by MaliCrusier / Mitch on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:04 am

And here's my fresh goodies!

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200414
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200413
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200415
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:07 am

Goodies continued!

My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200418
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200417
My once stolen Chevelle back on the road! - Page 2 20200416
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 am

Hey Mitch just because its a lock down doesn'r mean you can do all these hop ups to.................... WAIT nah Just razzing ya Cant wait to see the progress Brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:50 am

Man, look at the toys! It's like being a kid at Christmas!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am

Very cool collection of goodies you have there sir.
I've been considering the same heads for my 75. They look like a nice pair of heads for the price. You have to supply the studs and guide plates, right?
Do I see a roller cam too? Nice!
I have one suggestion for you about your headers. I ran across these when I put mine together 4 years ago and have never had an issue with blowing the gaskets between the headers and exhaust pipes. They're called Header Buddies. Here's a link for them.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G4770
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am

Well when your wife says that she wants your car louder and faster you take action right away lol
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:58 am

fasrnur wrote:Very cool collection of goodies you have there sir.
I've been considering the same heads for my 75. They look like a nice pair of heads for the price. You have to supply the studs and guide plates, right?
Do I see a roller cam too? Nice!
I have one suggestion for you about your headers. I ran across these when I put mine together 4 years ago and have never had an issue with blowing the gaskets between the headers and exhaust pipes. They're called Header Buddies. Here's a link for them.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G4770

The heads came fully assembled including the studs and guide plates, the new cam is still a flat tappet. Just couldn't swing the cost of of the conversion and stay on budget.
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 am

MaliCrusier / Mitch wrote:Well when your wife says that she wants your car louder and faster you take action right away lol

WHAT A WOMAN HUBBA HUBBA

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 pm

No kidding, plus she like to go to the gun range for dates lol
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:36 pm

Those are some nice goodies!!! congrats.
I hate to be the buzz-kill here but, those are some deeply dished pistons. Deeper than what the factory would have installed. Do you have the chamber sizes of the new heads? Hopefully at least 64CC? Aluminum heads will generally require more compression that a equivalent cast iron. Aluminum sheds the heat more quickly.
If the block was not decked during the rebuild, Those pistons are probably at least .020 in the hole on top of the deep dishes. I'm guessing here, but that would put you at less than 8:1 compression. You may want to find out what your cam calls for a minimum compression ratio.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm

73ss wrote:Those are some nice goodies!!! congrats.
I hate to be the buzz-kill here but, those are some deeply dished pistons. Deeper than what the factory would have installed. Do you have the chamber sizes of the new heads? Hopefully at least 64CC? Aluminum heads will generally require more compression that a equivalent cast iron. Aluminum sheds the heat more quickly.
If the block was not decked during the rebuild, Those pistons are probably at least .020 in the hole on top of the deep dishes. I'm guessing here, but that would put you at less than 8:1 compression. You may want to find out what your cam calls for a minimum compression ratio.

They are indeed 64cc
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 pm

.04 below the deck.
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliCrusier / Mitch Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Was aware this thing had really low compression, this top end will eventuall go on top of my future 383
MaliCrusier / Mitch
MaliCrusier / Mitch
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:01 pm

That's good, If you'r new head gaskets are .035~.040, consider thinner. you need all the compression help you can get. Hi performance cams bleed off compression, That's why they all list a minimum compression ratio, typically 9:1 or higher.

Replacement pistons are typically in the hole more than it was from the factory. The manufacturer assumes the heads and block have been milled.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:12 pm

MaliCrusier / Mitch wrote:Was aware this thing had really low compression, this top end will eventuall go on top of my future 383

there ya go, A flat top piston no more than 10 in the hole will be perfect!!!!

If you haven't bought anything yet for a 383, consider a late 90's vortec truck block (not LS). Already has a roller cam setup which is a significant cost savings over a roller conversion in a older block. 4 bolt mains, one piece seals, also.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next