G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question

5 posters

Go down

73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question  Empty 73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question

Post by lagunaman Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:23 pm

I have the healiner solved now about the bucket seats . Where would I go for the perforated covers . Again white uhpolstery and is this something I can do myself . Thanks

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question  Empty Re: 73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question

Post by Joe73 Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Go to rock auto and click on 73 mailbu. You will find all the options there, bench, buckets, rear seat, etc.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question  Empty Re: 73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question

Post by Hawk03 Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 pm

With some patience you should be able to install the covers. I was going to but ended up installing new seats.

Here is a video of PUI installing swivel seat covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJfTR3w2KQo

g3chevy installed some and detailed his install here.
https://www.g3gm.com/t8476-75-laguna-bucket-seat-upholstery-set-install
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 pm

I laugh every time I watch this PUI how-to video when the guy gets up on the workbench and starts wrestling with that seat cover! They are not easy to do...and, many seat upholstery shops won't touch them. But, I can tell you from experience that it IS possible to do it yourself...just takes a lot of patience. I knew nothing about upholstery until I watched this video. I started with the rear bench seat cushions as they are pretty easy to do and it gave me a sense of how to work with stretching the vinyl and using the hog ring pliers to secure them to the frames. I laid the seat covers out in the sun to soften the vinyl and found it definitely made it easier to work with; especially, on the buckets. Just pay attention to how the old covers are attached and you'll be fine.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunaman Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:50 am

Are these seat cover perforated ?

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:32 am

They are not perforated. Also, notice the button count rock auto mentions. The button count changed through the years on our cars. If I remember correctly, 73 buckets had two buttons.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:58 am

73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question  Image34
73 Laguna bucket seat covers another already asked question  Image33
I did mine myself. And yes they are difficult, but not impossible to do. The most importent thing is that the foam is in good shape. Most of the time the foam Might look good. But they are usually not able to fill the covers out wich creates alot off wrinkels. I Found that i could glue strips off foam to the sides and middel. It needs to be filled out so you need to stretch the cover to make it meet the edge. This makes for alot less wrinkels. Also be patient and leave the covers unwrapped in th Sun for a few hours. 

Get plenty off hogrings and a good quality pliers that are made for the job. The pliers that sometimes come with the covers are crap. Make sure the middel part is Nice and tight before moving on to the sides. Take care to notice how the seat are put together. If the steel wire in your seat are rustet out, like mine was you can use nylon wire from the hardware store.  It can be done, and like mcarlo Said. Start with the back seat to get a feel for how to do it. 
Good luck
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:29 am

Oh and i Got mine from carupholsteryguys.com i had aset from opgi in my chevelle at first, however it Ripped in the seams after a few years. This set are Way thiker in the material and hand made in Way better quality. But not much more expensive. They Came with all material to put it together too.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunaman Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:15 am

I found the material and think I may go the route and have the covers made . I just need to contact a shop and see how much material I need to buy . Unless some one on here can tell me how much it will take to recover the buckets

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:09 am

Sorry i have never just bought material. I always buy the covers done. But i would not hasitate to buy from carupholsteryguys again. Its the best quality i have seen yet. Nice and heavy material with wery strong backing and Nice stitching.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm

I'll be anxious to hear back as to whether you're successful in finding an upholsterer who will do this job for you. I didn't exhaust all possibilities in the Twin Cities area, but hit up the main players and nobody wanted to tackle it.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down