G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instead of Vinyl top idea

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Instead of Vinyl top idea  Empty Instead of Vinyl top idea

Post by lagunaman Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:10 pm

When I got my car out of storage there are rust signs under the vinyl top . I love the look of a vinyl top . Has anyone ever done or thought about having the top done in Line X material . That should stop the rust . So far the rust isn't clear thru . A few years ago I tried just painting the top and decided I didn't like it . So any other ideas ?

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Instead of Vinyl top idea  Empty Re: Instead of Vinyl top idea

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:07 am

I thought about having a vinyl wrap done in place of my vinyl top. I've seem many different leather like textures available in wrap material. That way you can remove it later down the road and still have nice paint underneath it.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 am

At one point in the 70s it was popular here in Europe to have fake vinyltops painted on using a similar product to line x. It looks ok at a distance. But im not a fan, since it shows up close that its fake. I put New vinyltop on mine myself. And its not that hard with the right sprayglue and patience. Theres several videos on the web that shows how to do it.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down