G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital

Go down

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Empty New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital

Post by Limey SE on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Well Well How about this Dakota Digital now offers Gauges for the 1973 -1977 Malibu Chevelle El Camino and Monte Carlo's HELL TO THE YES Choice of Red Blue or Aquamarine(ish) colors |

NO MORE OVERPRICED round gauge clusters ever

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1271/category_id=424/mode=prod/prd1271.htm

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Prd_1271

Last edited by Limey SE on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 95

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Empty Re: New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital

Post by REVINKEVIN on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:12 pm

REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 17

Limey SE and pjbanman like this post

Back to top Go down

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Empty Re: New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital

Post by Limey SE on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:19 am

My Bad I didnt see it wasn't in there Thanks Buddy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:22 pm

Those are pretty cool, although I prefer the black gauges. I have the horizontal strip style speedometer with only a gas gauge in my car, and would like to upgrade and add some other gauges. At $845 though, it's a little pricey for me now.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:46 pm

76 Malibu wrote:Those are pretty cool, although I prefer the black gauges.  I have the horizontal strip style speedometer with only a gas gauge in my car, and would like to upgrade and add some other gauges.  At $845 though, it's a little pricey for me now.

New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Prd_ssh_4793_10012
New Gauge Cluster Option Dakota Digital  Prd_ssh_4811_10095

They offer the Black style also 76 Malibu thats just the generic Photo for the listing .... And Judging Prices on ebay I would do this all day long over the sky high of Original Tach Cluster Take a chance at $500+ that seller is honest and it works BUT quits a week after install then What try to get Money back GOOD LUCK on that

I will be saving the cash for it and Tax time will be Upgrading OH and a Bonus you can set it to your cars Current Mileage to always have the correct Mileage on your Nice Classic

Just yesterday I found out also thru an Email You can have them Made with Speedo on The Left and Tach on the right Its adds $200 to price BUT I feel thats how that GM should have kept them

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Why is everyone getting wound up about these gauges? They are not plug and play.

They are rewire your dash/car with street rod gauges that fit behind the oem bezel. So what. You could do that with any aftermarket gauges at a third a cost.

If it was pull the production gauge cluster and sock in this Dakota, then I could understand some excitement.

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 pm

Because of the Dependability and Not having to deal with 45 year old parts

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 am

Limey SE wrote:

They offer the Black style also 76 Malibu thats just the generic Photo for the listing .... And Judging Prices on ebay I would do this all day long over the sky high of Original Tach Cluster Take a chance at $500+ that seller is honest and it works BUT quits a week after install then What try to get Money back GOOD LUCK on that

I will be saving the cash for it and Tax time will be Upgrading OH and a Bonus you can set it to your cars Current Mileage to always have the correct Mileage on your Nice Classic  

Just yesterday I found out also thru an Email You can have them Made with Speedo on The Left and Tach on the right Its adds $200 to price BUT I feel thats how that GM should have kept them

I don't disagree with you on getting the used original parts for high price that may crap out. It's just that at $845 it's way out of my price range, as my car has more pressing things to fix before I get to that stage. It is great to see more aftermarket support for the G3 Chevelles.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore on Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:50 am

Nonetheless - this is timely for me and I appreciate Limey kicking off the thread.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:59 pm

I think these are a great upgrade for our gauges especially the rectangle gauge dashes. Not many choices to upgrade those. If these were available a few years ago I probably would have bought them. I might look into the tach and speedo gauges since mine are still factory.

The set is $802.75 on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dakota-Digital-73-77-Chevy-Malibu-El-Camino-Analog-Gauge-System-VHX-73C-MAL-K-B/373237238126?hash=item56e6ac496e%3Ag%3AwL8AAOSwz7Nfb1s3&fits=Year%3A1977%7CModel%3AMalibu%7CSubmodel%3AClassic+Landau%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.7L%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CTrim%3AClassic+Landau+Coupe+2-Door%7CEngine%3A5.7L+350Cu.+In.+V8+GAS+OHV+Naturally+Aspirated
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down