G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL

+13
Hawk03
76 Malibu
ant7377
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
fasrnur
73ss
Hs1973
Iggy
Keith Seymore
impalamonte
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Tim
Limey SE
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Empty Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:58 pm

Since Summer is coming and fast Now and most restrictions about Gatherings are Being lifted

ROLL CALL WHERE YOU FROM WITH BRIEF DESCRIPTION WHERE YOUR FROM AND MAX OF 3 PICS IN A SINGLE POST

1977 Chevelle SE Freeport Illinois Area Healing up from Covid so I apologize for the same ol Pics Guys / Gals getting better everyday but still a battle

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 11807013
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 12313611
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 14031610

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Empty Roll call

Post by Tim Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:09 pm

Tim from Ft Wayne,IN. Glad to hear your healing from it. We are Starting to work on the chevelle for my daughter, she's helping tear into the engine with me.

Tim
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Empty Re: Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Well, still trying to finish my Laguna. IT WILL RUN THIS YEAR!!!  Still living in Sugar Land Texas.

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 295b5010
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 1ed24210
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 6fd5cb10
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

76 Malibu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Empty Re: Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:47 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Well, still trying to finish my Laguna. IT WILL RUN THIS YEAR!!!  Still living in Sugar Land Texas.

SOUNDS LIKE A LIMEY sating there IT Will be running I promise ya that Whether a 305 or a 454 depending on How the gras prices start climbing I may leave the 454 out Already at $3.19 a year ago today was $1.97 / $2.10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Burn as much gas as you possibly can. It keeps me employed.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am

Mark , Indianapolis NOW.......by way of Nashville ,TN....that's real home!!

Kevin......I DO NOT like all this " all electric" I am hearing people speak of!!

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Img_3011

Current Status.....pictured below:

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Img_3314
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Limey SE and 76 Malibu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:53 am

Checking in from the Motor City;

Had the car out yesterday to look things over and warm it up.  

Recall I have had one outing on a new motor last year, so winter projects were all minor revisions related to a few annoyances associated with that.

I should be able to hit all the NMCA events going forward (the season opener was Bradenton Florida this past weekend).  Goal is to run 10 flat in the heat, in the True Street, Nostalgia and local bracket categories.

K

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Chevelle_zpse7213459

https://www.nmcadigital.com/
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Attachment
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

76 Malibu and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:28 am

From Traverse City, Michigan and Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula.

The Laguna is staying on the rack this year, brakes went completely out right before I put it on the rack last fall, and it is time to start working on restoring it! Will be running around to shows and such in my 1978 Camper Special C20 Silverado.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:19 pm

dont Worry. Me and wanda are ready here in our part of the World. We have already been out and about, ill keep on burning fu and tires no matter how expensive. Here we pay 7-8 dollars a gallon. So a Nice day out is 50-60 dollars if you dont count the tires in. Have a Nice summer to all.

Cool

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Image38
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Hey impalamonte, if you don’t like the electric talk, take a look at the RPM act that the EPA is working on. The tentacles of that octopus are very long reaching.  It is a car hobby killer. HS1973, I want to come out to the track and see your car make some passes. When I finish my car I want to make a few runs. With some slicks I think I have enough power to sneak into the 11’s. If I could get high 12’s with street tires I would be pleased as punch. g3chevy has a saying about being happy. Maybe he will chime in. Good looking cars guys.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Akron, Ohio 73 SS Chevelle
Putting the finishing touches on new 489 install, coming up on 2 years since I started. Next on the list is installing in-tank pump & fuel system.  Broke the motor in on a test stand last fall. No leaks, noise, or smoke. It popped right off.

REVINKEVIN, Hoping for some 11's as well. The old 454 was good for high 12's so you should be fine.

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Dscf2913
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Dscf2914
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL Dscf2915
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:42 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:. HS1973, I want to come out to the track and see your car make some passes.
\

Better pack an Overseas bag for that One LOL Would be cool to see though

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Oops, I meant that for Keith.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:57 am

Hey everybody is welcome to look me up if you are ever in Copenhagen. And yes the EV s are everywhere now. Our government has just passed a law starting that all gas and diesel cars are banned from Being sold from 2030. But hopefully they will leave classic cars alone, for now anyways. I dont care if i have to brew my own E 85 to keep my chevelle running, ill do it. But the World sure is not what i used to be. Gas Prices here are 7-8 bucks a gallon, and that is cheap considering it has been higher.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:51 am

Kevin ,

Yes......everyone one of us should be looking at this RPM act from the EPA.

It will kill the car hobby ( us little guys) and the jobs that supply all the products , car builders ( SEMA).
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:38 pm

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 20210310
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 20210311
Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 20210312
Southern Minnesota here. New wheels and tires last weekend.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey impalamonte, if you don’t like the electric talk, take a look at the RPM act that the EPA is working on. The tentacles of that octopus are very long reaching.  It is a car hobby killer. HS1973, I want to come out to the track and see your car make some passes. When I finish my car I want to make a few runs. With some slicks I think I have enough power to sneak into the 11’s. If I could get high 12’s with street tires I would be pleased as punch. g3chevy has a saying about being happy. Maybe he will chime in. Good looking cars guys.

I wonder how they will charge these EV's when the grid goes down like it did here in Texas last month.....just saying. Already signed the petition that SEMA has for stopping this RPM act (Real Political Madness).

Kevin, reaching 14's would make me happier than a puppy with 2 peters. BTW, when's that Laguna of your gonna run???
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 am

Guys sign the petition for the RPM act to save our hobby. Go on the SEMA website you will find it right away. Awful to try and pull this and gain what? When you sign a letter goes straight to your representatives and tells them what's up.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:04 am

happier than a puppy with 2 peters.

Enough said
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:46 am

Kevin ,

Power grid going down from weather is not the only threat.

How about power grid loss from an attack from a foreign entity......by way of computer!!
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:49 am

If I remember correctly, which I do, several Tesla cars have already been hacked. I can just see it now, a 12 year old hacker taking over traffic in Los Angles during rush hour. That would be so much more fun than Grand Theft Auto. Kalifornia has already said it will be over $2,000,000 per gas station to upgrade for all electric vehicles. Problem is that they haven’t built a new power plant in about 20 years. Aren’t they already having rolling blackouts?

One more thing before I get to deep in the weeds. In 1958 the USA detonated some nuclear bombs into space in Antarctica. This was done in conjunction with Dr Van Allen, who discovered the Van Allen belts of magnetic energy that protect earth from solar radiation. They found that they could cause massive EMP events on the other side of the magnetic band by detonating a device at the opposite end. IE, disable Russian missiles from the other side of the world. If I understand the premise of this, what other bad actor does as well?
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:48 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:If I remember correctly, which I do, several Tesla cars have already been hacked. I can just see it now, a 12 year old hacker taking over traffic in Los Angles during rush hour. That would be so much more fun than Grand Theft Auto. Kalifornia has already said it will be over $2,000,000 per gas station to upgrade for all electric vehicles. Problem is that they haven’t built a new power plant in about 20 years. Aren’t they already having rolling blackouts?  

One more thing before I get to deep in the weeds. In 1958 the USA detonated some nuclear bombs into space in Antarctica. This was done in conjunction with Dr Van Allen, who discovered the Van Allen belts of magnetic energy that protect earth from solar radiation. They found that they could cause massive EMP events on the other side of the magnetic band by detonating a device at the opposite end. IE, disable Russian missiles from the other side of the world. If I understand the premise of this, what other bad actor does as well?  

If we get hit with an EMP I believe our cars would survive with maybe the exception of the HEI control module. Just keep spares in an old cookie tin and you'll be up and running in minutes. Then we can start making our own moonshine to put in the gas tank. So we'll be the only ones driving on the roads. Tesla's will be nothing more that curb decoration at that point.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:25 pm

SIGN HERE It will Autodetect your Location and fwd to your State REP

https://www.sema.org/epa-news

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Checking in from Ontario Canada, north of Toronto.  My '76 is still sleeping in the garage, but with the mild weather it should be out soon (once the streets are cleaner).  This pic is from fall before I parked it for the winter.  I am looking forward to lots of cruising this year and hope to get a few small jobs done on the car.

Since Summer is Coming Lets do a ROLL CALL 2020_f10
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:16 pm

Since we're going off topic....

REVINKEVIN wrote:This was done in conjunction with Dr Van Allen, who discovered the Van Allen belts of magnetic energy that protect earth from solar radiation.  

From the University of Iowa. I had a lot of classes in the building named after him. Story was he would sit in his office on the top floor and smoke his pipe all day and grumble at the students.

Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next