G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars

4 posters

Go down

New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars Empty New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:41 am

This is a review of new Goodmark sheet metal stampings available for 73-77 GM A Body vehicles. This focuses on the front, mid and rear floor braces and details regarding bench seat versus bucket seat mounting points. But there are also references to new sheet metal that is on backorder. Lots of good stuff coming for our vehicles and it's about time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7SE5x4WHwU

New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars Thumbn13
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

73ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars Empty Re: New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:04 pm

Watched when you released the vids Pretty cool let me know On final fit and finish It will let me know if I should do that to mine

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars Empty Re: New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:59 pm

Thanks Limey! I bought these for my 75 SS 454 El Camino since the floor is completed rotted. So it might be a while before I get to that one. Thinking next Spring.

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:31 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Lots of good stuff coming for our vehicles and it's about time!

]

Even though I have a sedan I have only found a few parts that were not reproed in some form over the last several years. Something must be happening out there because I am now getting constant comments from passers by on my car. In years past it was far more intermittent. In the past I never thought someone would drive off with my sedan but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I should get a bicycle lock for my car.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by StaggerLee Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:00 am

Bill...thanks for the great in depth review on these parts. I may do the whole floor on my 77 elky if I ever finish the floor on the 76. Also as an alternative to genuine parts for the buckets, I got this set from Kevin Stroh up in Michigan. I hope to install them this summer and will let you know how they work out. New Goodmark Sheetmetal - 73-77 GM A Body Cars 20230310

StaggerLee
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:23 am

Thanks for the kind words. Any info I can find on our generation of vehicles I try to share on my YouTube channel. And Kevin Stroh does nice work. Lots of folks have bought his parts on the FB groups and are very happy. Keep us posted on your build. Love to see some pics of the progress.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down