G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Monte Landau Intro

+5
ant7377
zucchi
Mcarlo77
Iggy
texdave
9 posters

Go down

73 Monte Landau Intro Empty 73 Monte Landau Intro

Post by texdave Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi, I'm a new G3 member and owner after finding and purchasing this lovely specimen: 73 Monte Landau Intro 20230810

I believe the low mileage is indeed accurate as the interior, exterior, and underbody are all very well taken care of with little or no wear. My mechanic shop staff were amazed at the clean floor plans and the tags still on the coils.

I did have to address some findings, namely replace the fuel filter, shocks, tires, and rear gasket but the Monte rides very well. Much more sporty in feel and tighter in suspension than my 83 Buick Riviera. She's a hit at my local cars & coffee events.

A question for you folks: the car comes with a silver colored bumper filler panel in the front center underneath the grill.  Other 73-77 Monte Carlos that I've seen seem to have body colored filler panels throughout the whole front. With that said, I can also find examples of lower mileage Montes that also have silver center panels such as these:
73 Monte Landau Intro Silver10
73 Monte Landau Intro Silver11

Any rhyme or reason for this?

texdave
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73 Monte Landau Intro Empty Re: 73 Monte Landau Intro

Post by texdave Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:40 pm

Forgot to post the details on the car: 1973 Monte Carlo Landau, 350ci engine with a 2 barrel carb, 10,400 miles, triple red with Rallye wheels, air conditioning, manual windows, manual locks, no tilt, no cruise.

texdave
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:13 pm

Welcome!  I had a '77 Landau years ago in Firethorn Red - was my favorite car.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Congrats...that is an amazing find!  There is nothing like original in my opinion.  These cars generate a lot of oohs and aahs from people because of their unique lines...and, so they were so popular back then.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:39 pm

texdave wrote:A question for you folks: the car comes with a silver colored bumper filler panel in the front center underneath the grill.  Other 73-77 Monte Carlos that I've seen seem to have body colored filler panels throughout the whole front. With that said, I can also find examples of lower mileage Montes that also have silver center panels… Any rhyme or reason for this?
I've never noticed anything like that. Is it legit silver enamel paint?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:31 am

Mine is silver too. It's a black car built in Baltimore. I think it's Argent silver. I have seen the body color too though. Maybe from a repaint.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:55 am

texdave wrote:Hi, I'm a new G3 member and owner after finding and purchasing this lovely specimen: 73 Monte Landau Intro 20230810

Welcome aboard; she's a beaut and I understand the appeal.

That was our first Chevy in my family -

'73 in that same color (no vinyl top), rally wheels, swivel buckets, black and grey herringbone interior, rally gages.

Dad was driving by the Chevy dealership and it caught his eye and he bought it on the spot.

Had we not gotten that Monte my Chevelle would be a '73 SS rather than a '74 base Malibu.

K

Last edited by Keith Seymore on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by anthonyalessi74 Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:28 am

It’s so nice to see one of these so well cared for! Welcome!

anthonyalessi74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by TW Monte Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Welcome to a great forum. I also have a 73 Monte and I’m the 2nd owner. I can say that the silver argent center filler is normall, with the side bumper fillers being body color.
There’s lots of one-year-only parts on a 73, so keep an eye on the details if you’re searching for replacement parts. A low mileage 51 year old car is certainly a rarity.
Congrats on a nice find. I hope it brings you many years of cruising smiles.
TW Monte
TW Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zed06 Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:32 pm

The PDM documents were internal and seldom survived the model year except for the service organization of the appropriate division. They sometimes kept microfische copies of them. On occasion a “gearhead” within that division might have ratholed a set but that was pretty uncommon. I used to have a few sets of Buick ones for various models and years but donated them when I retired with a ton of other printed material. I probably should have kept them but hind sight is always 20/20.

Zed06
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down