G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirror

Go down

Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirror Empty Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirror

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Okay, an interesting discovery was made the other day in the way of a factory option available on at least one make/model of these '73-'77 "A" bodies...and, that was a passenger side visor with lighted vanity mirror found on a '76 Grand Lemans that arrived at an area JY. I've literally climbed in, around and over dozens upon dozens of this generation of "A" bodies and have never seen one before. Caused me to consult my 1977 GM Chevrolet Parts Illustration manual and they do show a RPO code D64 illuminated passenger side mirror. Doesn't specify what models could be ordered with it, however. Anyone ever see or own one with this option? This particular one does not have the lift-up lid to activate and expose the mirror/lights. Rather, it just has an ON-OFF switch on a bezel that surrounds the mirror and is powered by a wire that originates at the fuse box, runs across and behind the upper windshield trim (same as found on the map light) and thru the visor pivot bracket to the mirror bezel. There is no doubt this is factory installed.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

73 ss wgn likes this post

Back to top Go down