G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Go down

New member  Empty New member

Post by Joe's Olds Wed May 29, 2024 7:16 pm

Hello everyone.

Obviously new to this site. I'm a long time member on the Classic Oldsmobile site. Recently stumbled upon the one .

I'm a long time Olds fan. My first ride was a rusted up to the door handles 76 Cutlass Supreme. Did I mention it had the obligatory wooden rear bumper? I've had many Olds over the years, mostly Cutlasses. 74, 76, 95, 98 Intrigue.

Currently I have a 69 Cutlass S convertible in my garage.

If I could afford another car and had the space, I'd be looking for a 75, 83, or 84 Hurst , or a 76 Salon with t-tops, but alas.

I'm a member of the North Coast Rockets branch of the OCA.

Joe's Olds
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

New member  Empty Re: New member

Post by Limey SE Thu May 30, 2024 12:01 am

Welcome aboard Joe .....from the Admin team We are glad you found us

I was formerly Know at that place as the Maligoon and 74Hotrodmalibu
and The other ......73-77Olds Forum (I dont know if still exists anymore)
I was the Only Chevy allowed to Post there LOL anyways after the standard 5 days you should be able to post your rides under the Project Picture section

Enjoy the Forum !!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu May 30, 2024 4:47 pm

Welcome!

I have always been a fan of the Olds and Pontiac cars and have owned several mid-1970's Olds Delta 88 Royal/98 Regency (back when they were land yachts). Pontiacs had me in Grand Prix' and Trans Ams. I have forgotten more information on those brands than a lot of people ever knew!

Now all I have left are two Chevy's (75 Laguna & 78 C20 Silverado) and two GMC's (78 K2500 High Sierra & 79 C30 Dooly Sierra Classic). The C30 will soon leave my stable to be bartered for body work on my other three.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu May 30, 2024 7:58 pm

I worked for a year in an office building where there was an Olds 88 convertible in the parking lot, a 1974 I believe. The driver a woman worked in a different office in the building so I didn't know her.  Even the 88s were really large and that 88 dwarfed everything else in the parking lot. The woman didn't put a lot of effort into the exterior as the paint was rather faded. I think it started out a light green when new.

When I started working my car was a used cheap 75 Olds Omega Brougham, basically a Nova with velour seating. Back then no one considered these collectible just dinosaur relics from the gas crises of the 70s. Of course I loved them; however, the only sedan / wagon I liked was the Chevelle because of the profile angling of the fenders and quarters I guess.

On the East Coast the Olds Cutlass was everywhere in the 70s into the 80s. Chevelles were the least seen, as Chevy buyers got Montes or Caprices or if price conscious the Nova. Don't remember a lot of Pontiacs or Buicks in comparison.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down