G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodguy's Autocross

+2
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
IndyG3
6 posters

Go down

Goodguy's Autocross Empty Goodguy's Autocross

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 am

Goodguy's came to Scottsdale, AZ this weekend and I took the beast. Since the show was 1972 and older, I registered as a 1972 and just put "Chevelle" on the year/make sticker in my window. For the first time at the Scottsdale location, they set up an Autocross course. Since I wasn't supposed to be there anyway, I wasn't going to push my luck taking it through tech. A couple friends talked me into it though, and I ended up doing it. The guy running the tech line said, "Nice car man. However I'm curious as to how you got a 74 Chevelle in a pre-72 show." I told him I had no idea what he was talking about. He laughed and said he'd just leave the year off.

Having never done anything like this, I didn't know how the car was going to handle. Anyway, I ran the course 4 times and ended up cutting over 2 seconds off my original time. I was easily the heaviest car out of all those that ran it, and posted some decent times. Obviously I didn't set any records, but I was definitely in the lower half of the times.

It was a freaking blast! I highly recommend it!

Here's a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTDFSWef1GI

I also met Johnny Hunkins from PHR. He had his photographer with him and they took some action shots. Said something about possibly doing a follow-up story. Not holding my breath, but I'll cross my fingers for a little while.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Goodguy's Autocross Empty Re: Goodguy's Autocross

Post by IndyG3 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 am

That is very cool man. I wish that the track by me still had open autocross practice during the summer.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:54 am

the car looks great and that autocross looks fun, dont see myself doing it in the elco, but i know i want something that can handle next time i buy a car for sure.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Brian that rocks man Bout time someone showed them guys chevelle still exist after 1972 and did it with style and sounded / looked good doing it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm

found some more Video of you B-man ======>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUP4Isk5oGM&NR=1

What do you do with a set of 305/35/20 Nitto Drag Radials on their last leg? You burn that leg off a couple days before going to 315/35/20's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_pHC8_irQ&NR=1

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Wow real cool !!!! Good guys really sucks because of that 72 Cutoff year. How friggin old does the car have to be for them to be happy.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 pm

I tried to get my 73 into a goodguys show and they turned me away. had the nerve to tell me "its just a monte" Sad

F'n a-holes
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm

That's why you pre-register it as a 72 buddy. Most of the people directing traffic don't know anything about cars anyway.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down