G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto to Standard conversion.

+3
novaderrik
dragons_lair59
bigredlaguna
7 posters

Go down

Auto to Standard conversion. Empty Auto to Standard conversion.

Post by Malicruiser Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:28 am

Has anyone done a standard tranmission conversion to a G3 yet. If so could you please give me some advise on fitment and swapable parts from other GM cars to make this swap a little easier. I've already managed to swap in a LQ9 6.0L in place of my old 350. Now I'm gathering the parts needed to swap out my th350 for a T56 six speed. I figure I'll need a custom trans crossmember (I'll be making that one), a new driveshaft (got the hook up there), and a mechanical clutch assymbly wich is what I'm asking for help with. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Auto to Standard conversion. Empty Re: Auto to Standard conversion.

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 am

I was wondering if you got that swap completed yet. Glad you finally got on this site, if anyone has access to a clutch linkage- it'll be here.

Are you satisfied with the engine?
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am

There were some G3's that came with standard transmissions, although not as many as previous generations. Clutch fork from 64-77 is the same, but that's about it.

If you want to buy new stuff, The Paddock sells the bellcrank frame bracket & a couple of small pieces. OPGI sells the bellcrank. I'm sure some of the small stuff is universal...... or should be anyways, lol.

Now post up an introduction page with better pics of you ride. I'm interested in hearing about your ride & the motor swap!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

One more thing I found:

MT10516V - MT9895Z
(1973 - 1977 Chevelle ) 4-SPEED CONVERSION KIT
$289.00.............The Parts Place Inc.

KIT INCLUDES: BRAKE AND CLUTCH PEDALS, Z-BAR (8-3/4" or 10"), CLUTCH PEDAL PUSHROD, CLUTCH FORK BOOT, CLUTCH FORK, ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH FORK PUSHROD, CLUTCH FORK BALL, CLUTCH RETURN SPRING(S), Z-BAR FRAME BRACKET, Z-BAR HARDWARE KIT (CONTAINING AN ENGINE BALL STUD, FRAME SIDE BALL STUD, 1 SPRING CLIP, 1 FELT WASHER, 2 NYLON BUSHINGS, LOCK WASHER & NUT)

217 Paul St.
Elburn, IL 60119
www.thepartsplaceinc.com
630-365-1800
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 am

ive seen that kit to rago seems pretty complete only other option would be an after market hydrolic set up like modern cars for that check speedwaymotors.co they might have one
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 pm

i put an F body saginaw 4 speed in a 76 Monte Carlo i had back in '93. i bought some pedals out of a 75 ElCamino i found in a junkyard and used a 70's Camaro bellhousing and Z bar. i think i also used the complete linkage from the Camaro i got the Z bar out of, too. it wasn't a perfect fit, but it got the job done.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Auto to Standard conversion. Empty heres pedals and Z bar

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:22 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-1974-1975-1976-1977-Chevelle-Clutch-Pedal-Assembly_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b040324aQQitemZ170460721738QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Yep! I finally finished the LSX swap! It took way more work and fabrication than I had originally figured, but I'm stubborn and I was going to do this swap one way or another. The engine is amazing! Way more power than my stocker 2brl 350 (I had originally thought it was a 400ci but researched the vin to find it was a 350). Now so I can have the best of both worlds I'm going to swap in a T56 so I can get better mileage and slam a few gears when I need a pick-me-up! GoFast As for my profile, I'm going to need a walk through. I'm very electronically declined Head Bang as in I have a hard time with Myspace let alone a forum. Thank's for the help so far guys! I do have so pictures uploaded right now, they're in the my user gallery. I don't have any after swap pictures though. I moved to the other side of town and it started raining when I was hauling the box with my camera in the bed of my truck, amongst other box's.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks to this freaky weather I've had to put work on Black Betty off until I can finish setting up my new garage and pull Betty out of the barn and bring her home finally!
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 pm

good luck, we just finished removing the room in our garage the previos owner put in.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 am

Awesome Corey! I've seen the pics of your 73 and I have to say you've done a nice job! Thumbs up Plus I can't wait to see some pictures of the spray-on vynal dash.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am

Malicruiser wrote:........As for my profile, I'm going to need a walk through. I'm very electronically declined Head Bang as in I have a hard time with Myspace let alone a forum. Thank's for the help so far guys! I do have so pictures uploaded right now, they're in the my user gallery. I don't have any after swap pictures though. I moved to the other side of town and it started raining when I was hauling the box with my camera in the bed of my truck, amongst other box's.

If you already have pics uploaded onto the internet, copy the image location & paste it in your reply. Then add {img} before & {/img} after what you just posted, but substitute {} for []. If they aren't already on the net, look at all of the buttons above the reply screen. Scroll over the one that looks like a pic & floppy disc. It should say "Host an image". Click on it & from there, it's self explanatory.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:08 am

Thanks Rago! I finally posted an introduction & pics on the introduction sticky! Go take a look and let me know what you think, be it good or bad. I would like to hear the thoughts of my fellow G3er's. Thumbs up
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down