G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel economy guage

3 posters

Go down

Fuel economy guage Empty Fuel economy guage

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm

I have removed my Tach gauge from my cluster, and swapped in a fuel economy gauge(vacuum gauge),
My dilemma is, I removed the needle to add the white face gauge labels, and now the needle reads way offscale. Where does the needle sit when the engine is off?

Back to top Go down

Fuel economy guage Empty Re: Fuel economy guage

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

You are the first person that I know of that would take out a tach and add a economy gauge.
I wish I knew the answer to that.But when I did my gauges,I did not take off any of the needles.I soaked the gauge with soapy water and slipped the sticker over the needle.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/648832
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Fuel economy guage JPGel5jpg
If you look at the center of the dash,(where the dual a/c vents are) I installed a 5 inch monster tach, so I didn't need the factory ( slower response) tach.

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:21 am

I just put a set of those white gauges on mine. I didnt get them perfect (they are straight, but i have a few light bubbles), but it will work for now, I never thought about soaking them, i just put a little soapy water on the gauges. I'd really like a nice set of Autometer gauges some day. I only did my gauges, not the labels for the fronts like the fuel, volts, temp, clock, I like the look of it that way. I will post pics when I get the dash back together!
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Mine isn't hooked to anything, but it's still in the dash. Pinned to the "bad" fuel economy side. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down